ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
McCurdy & Rhodes
TZIPORAH is owned by its second owner and has been excellently maintained, including winter indoor storage at Hinckley Yacht Services in Portsmouth, RI. Except for two trips to the Bahamas, she has only been used seasonally and should be considered in excellent condition.
The Hinckley Sou’wester 42 has a large "T" cockpit that comfortably accommodates a large crew:
- Well laid-out for shorthanded sailing.
- Sailing instruments are mounted on the steering pedestal (New 2015).
- Two-speed Barient #28 winches are mounted aft and within easy reach of the helmsman so the boat can be tacked single-handed if necessary.
- Two (2) #32 primary winches forward.
A large sail locker is to port. The cockpit lockers and lazarette have been detailed to maximize storage area. Starboard aft cockpit seat houses propane storage tanks.
- Stainless steel destroyer-type 40" wheel steering with elkhide covered rim
- Teak folding-helm step
- Toast canvas cockpit dodger with elkhide covered stainless steel grabrail
- Lined winch-pockets in coaming
- White cockpit cushions with Navy trim
- Varnished teak cockpit table, cup rack and binocular rack
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve
- 12-volt watertight outlet
TZIPORAH sleeps five in two cabins. The interior is satin-varnished mahogany, with white overhead. The teak and holly cabin sole is gloss polyurethane.
- Varnished teak overhead handrail in main cabin.
- Port and starboard handrails at companionway.
- Interior cushions are finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014)
- Curtains are throughout.
- Opening ports are in the head, main salon (port and starboard) and the quarterberth.
- Interior lighting throughout is by chromed Ocean Frigast fixtures.
- Additional dome lights have been added where necessary.
- Interior is heated by an Espar D4L heater.
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward):
V-berth is forward with filler and cushion to make a double berth.
- The cushions are finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014).
- Step between with removable top for storage.
- Storage lockers are above the berths port and starboard.
- Additional storage below in lockers and drawers.
- Hanging locker.
- Natural lighting and ventilation is obtained through an overhead opening screened hatch.
- (2) Frigast 12-volt reading lights.
- Forward is an access door to the divided forepeak chain locker.
HEAD (Next port):
The Head has a private door from the forward cabin, as well as access from the main cabin. White formica bulkheads allow easy cleaning.
- Beige Tweed Formica countertop has a stainless steel sink with fixtures and a telephone-style shower.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Wilcox-Crittendon "Skipper" head has a holding tank system with monitor and Y-valves for pump-out.
- Storage lockers are outboard with additional shelving
- Stainless steel towel bar.
MAIN SALON (Amidship)
Varnished mahogany interior includes a centerline drop-leaf dining table that has liquor storage within.
- There are dome lights under the deck outboard port and starboard.
- Frigast 12-volt light mounted on the bulkhead.
- Port and starboard opening ports have screens.
- Opening hatch with screen overhead contributes additional natural light and ventilation in this area.
- Extra-wide, pull-out transom berth has cushions finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014) with storage behind.
- Lockers and bookshelves outboard and an entertainment center.
- Entertainment Center – has a Fusion Sirius-ready stereo unit with Bluetooth and two JL Audio cabin speakers (2015).
- Pull-out transom berth has cushions finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014), with storage behind.
- Two lockers and bookshelves outboard.
- 110-volt outlet forward.
NAVIGATION STATION (Next aft starboard)
Nav Station is aft of the starboard transom berth/settee and forward of the aft quarterberth.
- The varnished mahogany nav table opens for chart storage
- Red and white dome light over nav table.
- Full instrumentation – including recent upgrades (see Electronics & Navigation Equipment)
- 12-volt and 110-volt breaker panel.
QUARTERBERTH (aft starboard):
Starboard of the companionway and aft of the nav station is the quarterberth area.
- (2) Storage lockers and a removable shelf.
- Open area for hanging foul weather gear inboard.
- Opening portlight offers additional ventilation in this area.
- (2) Access doors to the engine and shaft areas.
GALLEY (Aft Port):
U-shaped Galley is located to port of the companionway with an Antique White Formica countertop.
- Forward is a large double stainless steel sink that has pressure hot and cold water and a manual back-up freshwater foot pump.
- Outboard is a Shipmate 3-burner stove with oven and broiler gimballed in a stainless steel enclosure.
- Aft is the Sea Frost refrigerator and freezer with top-opening countertop hatch access, 110-volt shore assist and separate temperature gauges.
The Galley has sliding, louvered locker doors and additional shelving, trash bin, and knife rack. The dish locker is below the companionway. Hot water is supplied by a 12-gallon hot water tank and is heated by the engine.
1988 Westerbeke 46-hp FWC diesel engine with 2:1 reduction gear, Racor fuel filter, Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft and Maxi 3-blade prop.
- Insulated engine room with bilge blowers.
- Electric bilge pump (2016) and manual bilge pump.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Espar D4L cabin heater.
- 12-gallon hot water tank – engine heated.
- Holding tank with Y-valve system to a deck pump-out, electric overboard pump-out and tank level indicators are installed along with an overboard lockout on the seacock.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.