2007-2008 MAJOR REFIT DONE BY PRESENT OWNER AT CHARLESTON BOATWORKS (TOTALLING $140,000):
• Vessel was gutted except for bulkheads – all interior ceilings were removed, portlights and thru hulls removed, floor frames and cabin soles were removed.
• New floor framing, new tabbing, cabin soles refinished and reinstalled. Interior was completely refinished in Herreshoff style.
• All bilges were painted with one part linear polyurethane gray paint; all sail lockers and lazarette received three coats of Bilgecoat.
• All portlights were removed, new safety glass installed and window frames were powder coated for a durable finish.
• All new hoses and plumbing were installed, new Jabsco head with new ceramic tile under, and Lectra-Scan unit installed; all new seacocks installed.
• Vessel was completely rewired both 12V & 110V including new circuit breaker panels, and new Smart charger.
• New electronics were installed.
• New Edson pedestal steerer and cables installed and pedestal steerer was moved aft 8" to make cockpit more user friendly with easier access to main sheet and winches.
• Rudder was removed and rebuilt.
• New Yanmar engine, transmission and drive train installed with new shaft seal, cutlass bearing and shaft.
• S/S chainplates and standing rigging were professionally inspected and approved; all new running rigging installed.
• Mast Awlgripped Snow White – all hardware removed, holes filled and new holes drilled and tapped. Mast rewired and new Selden boom painted and installed.
• Fuel tank was removed, cleaned and a shut-off was added to tank; tank was pressure tested and reinstalled.
• Trunk cabin and decks Awlgripped Snow White.
• In 2012, owner discovered tiny blisters on port hull topsides, from midships forward to portside nav light. Core samples were taken at the Hinckley Yard in Oxford, MD. After a thorough review, it was determined that the balsa-core in this area had not adhered properly to the fiberglass laminate. The Hinckley Yard removed the laminate, as required and repairs were made as needed.
• In 2012 entire hull topsides were Awlgripped Sunfast Red following the repairs.
HULL & DECK:
• 2012 Awlgripped Sunfast Red hull; white boottop, black bottom.
• Fiberglass hull, hand laid up to heavy scantlings (solid fiberglass hull from waterline to keel; from sheer to turn of bilge, fiberglass sandwich-balsa cored hull).
• Decks are fiberglass with non-skid, Awlgripped Moondust in 2008.
• Deck, cabin trunk and cockpit were moulded fiberglass as one unit, Awlgripped Snow White in 2008.
• “Competition” model includes a 4´ taller mast, more sail area, a spade rudder with modified keel, and additional ballast. This allows the Competition 41 Sloop to be a very fast vessel compared to the standard H-41’s.
• Polished and welded S/S stem fitting by HR Hinckley.
• Varnished teak cockpit coamings, two teak hatches with plexiglass and all exterior trim using Epiphanes varnish (only toerails are left natural with Armada-finish).
• External lead ballast of 8616 lbs.
• 2008 Edson pedestal wheel steering, with binnacle, brake, guard controls and teak drop table.
• S/S bow and stern rails; double lifelines forward; double lifelines aft of both gates.
• S/S anchor platform with bow roller; anchor locker accessed from deck or below.
• 2008 rudder removed and rebuilt with new foam core, fiberglass and West Epoxy.
• 9 non opening portlights; one opening port in head.
• Two Dorade vents with chrome ventilators.
• Two opening overhead hatches in trunk cabin top.
LOA: 41’17"; LWL: 29.83′; BEAM: 10.25′; DRAFT: 6.16′; DISP: 19,000 lbs; BALLAST: 8,618 lbs (external lead)
Fuel: 34 gallons in Monel tank.
Water: 72 gallons in one S/S tank under vee berth and one fiberglass tank under cabin sole.
Holding: Lectra San unit with 2008 Jabsco manual W.C.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• 2008 Yanmar 3JH4E diesel, 42 hp, 3 cylinder, FWC, with 340 hours as seen on the hour meter.
• Kanzai transmission in vee drive.
• Morse controls.
• 2012 Tides Marine dripless shaft seal.
• 3 bladed Max folding prop.
• 2012 1" S/S shaft.
• Racor fuel filter.
• Manual fuel pump to help bleed engine.
• Bilge blower.
• Rule 1100 bilge pump.
• Bronze ball valves and seacocks, all new 2008.
Cruising speed: 6.5 knots @ 2200 RPM, burning less than 1 gph.
Range: Approximately 200 NM.
ELECTRICAL: (Vessel completely rewired in 2008).
- 12V DC & 110V AC systems.
- 2008 AC-DC Blue Seas circuit breaker panels.
- 2018 new AGM house battery.
- 2018 new engine start battery.
- 2008 six gallon Force Ten hot water heater; hot water runs off AC and engine.
- One electric bilge pump (new 2016); one sump pump and engine can work as bilge pump.
- 2012 Guest galvanic isolator.
- 2008 30 amp shore power inlet with 50′ 30 amp shore cord.
- 30 amp 110V outlets.
- 2008 Guest 20 amp Smart 16202 battery charger.
ELECTRONICS: (ALL NEW 2008)
• ICOM ICM-304 VHF.
• Raymarine C80 chartplotter-Radar (2kw), in Nav Pod at binnacle.
• Raymarine 4000 autopilot.
• Raymarine ST60 speed/depth.
• Raymarine ST60 wind speed and direction.
• Sony AM/FM/CD stereo with speakers in cabin and cockpit, with auxiliary input (also stereo has a remote).
For six in a traditional Hinckley layout with 2008 Herreshoff interior. RADIO FLYER has a varnished mahogany trim and painted white bulkheads for a much brighter and lighter interior than her sisterships. With her blue-gray berth cushions with new 6" foam, and the contrasting mahogany joinerwork, she has an understated elegance. Her cabin sole is varnished solid teak and holly. As with all Hinckley’s, there are numerous drawers, lockers, liquor locker, and sliding doors to bins for food storage.
• Vee berths forward with access to a large double door to the forepeak. There is a filler piece to form a double berth, shelves outboard and drawers under. A transverse sliding pocket door provides privacy.
• Next aft to port is an enclosed head with large linen locker, S/S sink, laminate countertop, hand-held shower with hot and cold water, and a 2008 Jabsco manual head.
• There are two hanging lockers opposite to starboard.
• Next aft is the main salon with an attractive tiled Simpson-Lawrence fireplace to starboard which burns wood or briquettes.
• On centerline is the keel-stepped mast and bulkhead-mounted Mahogany dining table.
• Next, to port and starboard, are two transom berths which pull out, storage behind and under, and two pilot berths. Brass reading lights are provided, and the hull is attractively sheathed in varnished mahogany.
• Further aft to starboard is a generous-sized icebox, with chart table above.
• The engine access is behind the removable companionway ladder.
• Further aft is an oil skin locker with the new circuit breaker panels behind.
• To port is the L-shaped galley offering a three burner LPG S/S Shipmate stove, and one S/S sink with hot and cold water.
• There are numerous dish lockers, dishes and glassware are included in this sale.
• Also included are two Carfano 12V fans.
• There are two generous-sized deck hatches and one opening port in the head, providing excellent ventilation.
SAILS & RIGGING:
• 2008 Elvstrom Sobstad Main, which is loose-footed.
• 2008 Z Sail 135% genoa (laminated radial cut).
• UK Halsey asymmetrical red, yellow, black & white spinnaker (like new-year unknown).
• Awlgripped white aluminum mast and boom with internal halyards; mast stepped on keel (mast rewired 2008).
• 2008 Selden boom and gooseneck with lazy jacks.
• S/S standing rigging checked and approved 2008; 2008 all new running rigging.
• Harken roller furler, series 2-189 for genoa.
• 1 Barient #22 halyard winch.
• 4 Barient #22 2-speed sheet winches.
• 1 Barient #30 S.T. 2-speed halyard.
• 1 Barient #30 sheet winch, aft of pedestal (all winches re-chromed 2008).
• Mainsheet traveler.
• Toast-colored Sunbrella sail covers.
• ATN "Tacker".
• 2008 new Tricolor, spreader and steaming lights.
• 2015 "California cockpit" Dodger-(mini bimini with three side curtains).
• Full cockpit and cabin awning (extends from the mast to the backstay) with Forespar telescoping poles.
• Xintex Fireboy Propane/CNG fume detector in bilge under stove.
• Ideal windlass (completely rebuilt 2015).
• Fortress FX37 anchor with 20′ 3/8" chain & 150′ 5/8" rode.
• 35 lb CQR Plow on roller with 50′ 1/2" chain and 200′ 3/4" rode.
• Ensign and staff.
• 8 fenders; docklines.
• Swim ladder.
• Two LPG bottles are housed in a varnished teak vented locker with solenoid, regulator, and pressure gauge.
• Life jackets; lifesling.
• 2012 gold closed-cell cockpit cushions.
• 2008 Tricolor light at masthead.
• Two boat hooks; 1 bell.
• Portable searchlight.
• 2008 Manual Whale gusher pump.
• Toast-colored Sunbrella pedestal cover and hatch covers, and covers for fore and aft decks.
• Leeboards available, but not installed.
COMMENTS: RADIO FLYER is a Hinckley 41′ "Competition" sloop which is in first class condition having benefited from a complete restoration in 2007-2008 by her fastidious owner. Now, after nine years of enjoyment, her owners are looking to purchase a larger liveaboard vessel. These "Competition" 41’s are well-known as the best performers of the Hinckley fleet. Please review the listing above to thoroughly understand the work that was performed. We also have a survey and full description of all the upgrades which we will send to interested parties. We shall be pleased to make arrangements for your inspection of this outstanding "Classic" Hinckley Sloop. You will not be disappointed. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.