ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
EIDER DOWN is an exceptional vessel, combining one of the best Chuck Paine designs with the fiberglass skills of Morris Yachts and the talents of an extremely detail oriented owner whose company specializes in high-end woodworking. The hull and deck were built by Morris in 2001, shortly after the purchase of Able Yachts and using the molds from the well-respected Apogee 50. The owner, a highly skilled craftsman who had previously built out a Hinckley SW42, meticulously finished off the boat over the next three years and the boat was finished in 2004. Imagine a boat that was built personally by a boat builder with no time constraints, and every square inch inspected at length by the owner and then kept in Bristol condition. With her Leisurefurl boom, electric winches and deck layout she is easily sailed shorthanded for either an afternoon sail or a blue water cruise.
The deck is designed and laid out for safety, simplicity in sail handling and comfort. Control lines are led aft to the cockpit and wide, uncluttered side decks allow easy movement around the boat and the painted on non-skid provides secure footing underway. The use of wood has been minimized on the exterior for simple maintenance.
- Double SS lifelines with stanchions and bow and stern rails with gates port, starboard and through middle of stern rail
- (9) Bomar stainless steel deck hatches.
- (6) Fiberglass dorade boxes with chromed cowlings and stainless steel guards on four forward dorades.
- SS cabin top hand rails.
- Large forepeak storage locker accessed from the deck for line/fender/sail storage. Separate partition for chain storage.
- Stainless steel stem fitting with dual anchor rollers
- Deck fitting for secondary anchor rode
- Chain stoppers for primary and secondary anchors.
- Aluminum toe rail
- Deck mounted Harken big boat traveler.
- Harken genoa tracks with car adjustment line led back to cockpit
- Separate tracks with blocks for storm staysail
- Main sheet, main halyard, main furling line, topping lift and genoa/jib sheets run back to the helm.
Interior Finish and Layout
Eider Down’s interior is extremely spacious and well appointed. She is finished in exquisite detail with contrasting cherry and curly maple and high gloss varnish. The custom cabinetry incorporates beautiful details like the ornate vents cut into each storage door and intricate inlays. The cabin sole is traditional teak and holly and the overall effect is a rich, elegant interior that is both functional and attractive without being over the top. Ample light and ventilation is provided by the overhead hatches, hull ports and dorades.
The layout moving forward from the companionway is:
Upon entering the boat at the companionway a large separate shower stall is immediately to port. A watertight bulkhead door give access through the shower stall to the engine and mechanical space aft. Built in drawers and lockers outboard give considerable storage. Access to this area (and additional light when working below) is also available through the port seat locker door in the cockpit.
To starboard at the foot of the companionway is a quarter cabin with a hanging locker outboard and a large built in 8 drawer dresser and built in shelves above. The hull is finished in cherry sheathing. There is a full length shelf outboard and a hull portlight and overhead hatch for light and ventilation.
Moving forward on the starboard side is a spacious sea-friendly U-shaped galley with a three burner stove/oven outboard and a two basin sink facing inboard. The galley is finished with Corian counter tops with fiddles. Separate Fridge and Freezer lift tops are along the aft bulkhead with arched storage lockers above. Outboard are three storage compartments with sliders and a built-in microwave above. Dry storage is available through lift tops outboard fore and aft. Additional storage is offered in drawers and lockers below.
Opposite the galley is a head with a Corian countertop and sink. A cherry framed mirror is on the forward bulkhead. Storage is available from an outboard shelf and two sliders, a hinged locker in the counter as well as another locker outboard and under the sink.
Just forward of the head is a forward facing nav station. Outboard is a full breaker panel with digital amp and volt meters. All instrumentation is flush mounted outboard and forward. A full size computer monitor is mounted diagonally inboard at eye level. The chart table top is hinged with storage within. Outboard are two more lift-up storage areas. Drawers are built in below the desk for additional storage.
The main salon is beautifully finished with a raised panel forward bulkhead in cherry and curly maple. Outboard on the port and starboard are lockers (sliding lowers and hinged uppers with arched tops). A full length settee is located to starboard and a U-shaped settee with a large table to starboard. The dinette table has a hinged leaf and a detailed inlay on the top.
- Custom storage lockers for liquor storage and entertainment systems
Forward of the main salon is a spacious stateroom with a centerline queen bunk. Ample storage is outboard both port and starboard in the way of hanging lockers, upper lockers, and dressers below with drawers. The hull is finished with cherry sheathing. Two hull ports and an overhead hatch give plenty of light and ventilation. A flat screen TV is mounted on the aft bulkhead.
The electrical system on Eider Down has been carefully designed, installed and maintained and updated utilizing high quality tinned boat wire and components and is laid out so as to be easily accessible for service and upgrades. Wire runs are neatly run and well secured with each end numbered for identification.
- 12 VDC System.
- 110VAC 30 Amp shore power.
- 110VAC outlets.
- (4) AGM 4D Batteries (House) (New 2017)
- (1) AGM Start battery. (New 2017)
- (1) AGM Emergency battery.
- Start and House battery switches with emergency parallel
- Victron Energy battery monitor.
- Victron Phoenix 12v 350VA inverter
- Heart 2500 watt Inverter with remote control panel at nav station.
- Heart 90 amp battery charger.
- 12v outlet at nav station
- Balmar 400 amp alternator with smart external regulator
- Secondary alternator for charging start battery.
- Flexible solar panels mounted to bimini with Genasun solar panel charge regulators
- Copper bonding strap glassed into hull tying together all bonding points
- All lighting upgraded to LED
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.