ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
It is safe to say that “AMERICAN FLYER” (name reserved) is the nicest Picnic Boat Classic on the market today. She is also one of the nicest pre-owned Classics to ever grace the brokerage market. “American Flyer” saw a complete refit last winter. Including: new Yanmar Common Rail 440-hp engine, new paint (from top to bottom), new JetStick, new electronics, new canvas, new Stidd helm and nav seats, new bow thruster, a complete varnish strip in and out of pilothouse, new headliner, new cushions (in and out), new batteries, custom window defrost system, Jet impeller tuning, new gauges, new electronic throttle, new bow rail, new Fusion Bluetooth stereo with amp and speakers, new hatches (and many more items that can’t be seen from above decks).
Her new Yanmar 440-hp Diesel not only produces less smoke and smell than earlier examples, but she is also one of the quickest Classics to ever jet though the water. At Hinckley 2018 Fall seatrials, she hit 30 knots!
After one short season in Marblehead, Massachusetts, the owner of this Captain maintained Hinckley has decided to move up to a larger Hinckley. This ultimate Hinckley Classic is enrolled in Hinckley’s Winter JetBoat Package including heated indoor storage at Hinckley Yacht Services in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
At this high level of care, she will sell with Hinckley’s Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Warranty. Please review her specs below to see why “American Flyer” is so special.
Entry into the boat is via a teak coaming deckstep and a 2-step stainless steel boarding ladder with teak treads that can be mounted inboard, port or starboard.
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming.
- Cockpit storage lockers have varnished teak doors
- Three (3) flush hatches in cockpit sole provide stowage
- Handheld cockpit shower with hot and cold water
- Aft-deck storage locker
- Direct drainage cockpit scuppers
- Fishing rod holders in port and starboard side decks with drains
- Ivory-colored cockpit cover (new in 2018) provides full cockpit protection – attaches to the pilothouse top and fastens with snaps.
The insulated Engine box (with air-assist lift) has a Navy covered cushion with white piping (new 2018).
- Drink table – Aft, varnished teak fold-down drink table with four drink holders.(stripped to bare wood and re-varnished (2018)
Aft Settee: Forward-facing settee at aft end of cockpit:
- Cushions are covered in Navy Sunbrella with white piping (new 2018).
- Lockable teak companionway door
- Four (4) pilothouse windows- 2 sliding side windows, 2 fixed forward windows windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Sound absorbent overhead ( New 2018)
- Two (2) acrylic opening hatches with sun shades (new 2018)
- Two (2) LED lights in overhead (2018)
- Varnished teak handrails in port and starboard aft on upper pilothouse sides
- Espar heater duct
- (2) Stereo speakers
- Ivory-color drop curtain with eisenglass windows provides a fully enclosed pilothouse (new 2018)
- Ivory-color interior window sun covers
- New front window defrost system (2018)
Port – Forward
Custom Stidd Navigator seat (in white) with custom Hinckley jump seat just aft of nav seat (new 2018)
- Navy Sunbrella jump seat cushion with white piping (new 2018)
- Forward varnished teak handrail with integral drink holder
- Storage under seat accessed through inboard varnished teak louvered door
Starboard – Helm Station:
- Varnished teak dash (stripped and re-varnished 2018)
- New Stidd Helm Seat in white (2018)
- Stainless steel footrest mounted for helmsman on forward bulkhead
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- New Hinckley “JetStick®” in 2018 (which integrates forward and aft motion of boat, steering, and bow thruster into single joystick control)
- New Engine gauges – tachometer, water temp, oil pressure (2018)
- New Actuator switches (2018)
- New custom Window Defrosting system by Island Fairview (2018)
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt outlet in chart locker
- Remote control pad for spotlight
Forward, down two companionway steps from the pilothouse, is the:
- Galley to port
- Head to starboard
- V-berth area forward. (new V-Berth Cushions in Navy Sunbrella (2018)
The interior highlights:
- Finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing.
- Cabin sole is varnished teak and holly (re-varnished 2018)
- Opening overhead hatch with removable screen. (new 2018)
- Four (4) fixed window ports
- Espar D3L heater – ducts in main cabin, head and pilothouse.
- Five (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps.
- Remote panel for Espar heater
- Clear Beige Sand Formica countertop on varnished cherry cabinetry
- Forward pantry locker has a louvered door and several shelves.
- Fixed portlight
- Stereo receiver above pantry
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and pressure hot and cold fresh water system
- Grunert 12-volt refrigeration – cold-plate refrigerator in a self-draining box – hatch top accessed
- Force 10 two-burner stove (remote propane shut-off) has a wooden cutting board/stove cover
- Pull-out under counter garbage receptacle
- Storage is in louvered door locker outboard, cherry pull-out drawers and space under the sink.
Opposite the galley, the Head has a solid cherry door:
- Varnished cherry countertop on a vanity with an undermounted sink.
- Grohe faucet/handheld shower provides hot and cold pressure water.
- Vacu-flush marine head
- 110-volt outlet, 12-volt Hella fan, and forced ventilation
- Fixed portlight
- Cherry-faced locker storage, drawer storage and storage in lower vanity.
Forward Sleeping Area:
- Cushions are covered in Navy Sunbrella fabric (new 2018)
- Hanging locker storage
- More storage in two (2) drop-front doors in V-berth and in the forepeak.
- (2) Fixed portlights
- (2) Stereo speakers – mounted forward on port and starboard bulkhead (new 2018)
Yanmar 6LY common rail diesel engine with 440 total Horsepower (new 2018): (53 hours Nov 2018)
- Hamilton 291 water-jet Drive
- Twin Disc MG 5050 transmission
- Vetus 7” bow thruster (new 2018)
- Hinckley JetStick® Gen-3® steering control system integrated with bow thruster. ( new 2018)
Mechanical features include:
- Racor fuel filter (new 2018)
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge (new 2018)
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges (new 2018)
- “Water drop” muffler
- Engine box sound insulation
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump with handle in cockpit
- 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Aluminum 25-gallon holding tank – plumbed to either pump overboard through seacock or via deck fitting
- In-line 12-volt sump pump
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – heated via engine heat exchanger or shore power
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.