ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
Bill Tripp Jr.
ACORN is a comfortable White hull Bermuda 40 MK II Yawl with roller furling. She can sleep six in a varnished mahogany layout plan that has an Owner’s Cabin forward, Head, and a Main Cabin that has a full-width Main Salon and a Galley/Nav station.
HULL and DECK
Matterhorn White Awlgrip topsides
Vestal White Awlgripped (2013) cabin top, cockpit and deck areas with molded contrasting light tan nonskid
Gold cove stripe
Bottom: No history of hull blisters. Epoxy interprotect barrier paint under antifouling. Very fair hull bottom condition.
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas.
- Deck is set in a molded in 6” hull flange, then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint.
- Molded in nonskid deck pattern
- Stainless steel capped teak guard rail at sheer
- Varnished teak exterior trim
KEEL: External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts
CENTERBOARD: Bronze centerboard is operated by a worm gear with grounding override.
- Has been beautifully Awlgripped (2013)
- Much of the deck hardware has recently been re-chromed.
Hinckley SS stem head with anchor roller
Teak anchor chain guard
Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits and stanchions with double lifelines and gates
Hatches with white translucent hatch covers on teak hatch boxes
(2) Chrome dorade cowl vents with white painted interiors – re-chromed 2013
Exterior teak trim, toe rails and hand rails – professionally varnished
Varnished teak cockpit coamings
White translucent hatches with screens
SS genoa tracks on toe rails
Fresh and saltwater deck washes
(2) Anchor storage deck mounts
Spinnaker pole chocks
Aft deck: Varnished teak-covered dual lazarette and separate aft locker with varnished teak hatch cover.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Brookes & Gatehouse H 3000 instrumentation:
Type 2 hydraulic autopilot steering ram
H 3000 Autopilot control at helm station, housed in a custom fabricated and polished stainless enclosure
Remote hand-held control unit
MOB red button at the helm station
Datamarine digital depth stand-alone unit in nav area, with a repeater display in cockpit.
(2) VHF: Icom 604 VHF radio – nav area, + mounted smaller backup Icom VHF radio. Antennas on main and mizzen masts.
Danforth Corsair 6” compass with slow oil and red night lighting- Cockpit
Rogue Wave wi-fi setup, with router.
Cell phone signal booster.
- Sony AM-FM /CD radio with stereo speakers.
- Varnished mahogany interior woodwork
- Varnished solid teak and holly sole
- White painted overhead
Espar heater: Air-Tronic Eberspacher diesel cabin heater
Curtains on sliders throughout, covering cabin ports
Ludovica (made in Italy) Egyptian cotton-fitted bedsheets for V-berths. Fitted polarfleece blue blankets for V-berths by Maine Point. Various other cotton bedsheets.
V-berths have custom shaped 6” deep Tempur-Pedic matresses and covers.
All bunks are covered with blue Ultra-Suede.
Various decorative soft pillows in cabin.
- Many drawers in the cabin spaces have been enlarged considerably and have white Formica bottom liners
- Cedar-lined hanging lockers
ENTRY: From the Cockpit forward, down the companionway steps with interior handrails, is the full-width aft GALLEY area. There is a storage locker behind the steps.
- The starboard galley doubles as the Navigation Station, handy to the cockpit
- Built-in sole dust pan
The Galley includes:
Double SS sink in galley, with both fresh and saltwater pressure faucets, a faucet with Seagull IV filtered water, and a fresh water hand pump.
Gimbaled 3-Burner Shipmate stove with oven. Formica stove cover extends countertop.
LPG electric shutoff valve.
Large (for a B-40) storage for food, cooking pans, and utensils.
Refrigeration: A Grunert system driven by a ½ HP 12 volt DC water-cooled compressor. There is a stainless steel-lined refrigerator and a separate small stainless steel-lined freezer, both individually temperature controlled, and with SS salt-brine holding plates.
Dish storage and silverware drawers are outboard the refrigerator/freezer countertop
Two aluminum LPG storage tanks are in a locker vented overboard
- Storage lockers including trap stowage
- Glass racks
- Mug rack
NAVIGATION STATION (aft stbd):
Aft and handy to the cockpit and starboard from the companionway, the refrigeration countertop acts as a Nav table with chart storage above. There is a red and a white light over. The electrical panel and boat systems displays are aft. A nav display and varnished mahogany rack is to stbd of the companionway.
The Main Salon is full-width and sleeps up to 4, as well as provides an interior entertainment/dining area.
- Large drop-leaf varnished mahogany dining table is center mounted. An additional table extension is stored on the forward main cabin bulkhead. Can seat 6 people in comfort.
- Two book/storage shelves are forward port along with a 110V outlet.
- Large overhead hatch with translucent hatch cover
Port and starboard are pull-out transom berths and pilot berths for sleeping accommodations up to four.
- Shelf storage is outboard the pilot berths
- More storage is under the berths – Custom redone oversized from standard
- Port and starboard ports, with curtains
- Integral mahogany handrails under the windows
Forward to starboard is a hanging locker, and a liquor locker that is accessed from the pilot berth.
HEAD (Forward port):
Across from the first hanging locker is the head painted white with varnished mahogany trim.
Varnished wood vanity top with white undermounted sink
The fixtures and handheld shower are polished chrome
Hot and cold pressure water
- Medicine cabinet.
- Linen locker
- Six mahogany-faced drawers provide storage for personal toiletries
- Opening portlight and screen
There is a solid mahogany panel door that provides privacy for the forward stateroom.
V-berths have provision for an adapter to form a double berth.
- Seat between has a storage locker under
- Storage shelves over outboard
- Large drawers and drop-front storage under the berths
- (2) Hanging lockers
- Bureau – with 4-drawers and storage under
- Overhead translucent opening hatch, with screen
- Forward doors to forepeak storage
- Port, starboard, and forward fixed ports, with curtains
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.