SWEET SPOT is a 2003 Hinckley 44 Motor yacht in excellent condition. She has seen numerous upgrades over the past several year including new electronics, generator, Fusion Stereo, LED lighting, LCD engine displays, OnWatch monitoring system, custom cockpit tables and more. Always Hinckley maintained and a must see cruising yacht.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
Engine Model: 6LY2A-STP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Hours: 764
Drive Type: Jet
Engine Power: 440|horsepower
Engine Model: 6LY2A-STP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Hours: 764
Drive Type: Jet
Engine Power: 440|horsepower
SWEET SPOT is an exceptional example of the very desirable Hinckley 44 Motor yacht. Delivered in 2003 this Talaria 44 is in excellent condition with low engine hours and has been maintained to the highest standard. This Motor Yacht version offers a glass and door enclosed helm deck/salon that is climate controlled and lockable. This rare example includes a second stateroom for guests in lieu of the standard dinette, creating comfortable cruising for two couples or children and it provides additional storage space. Her knowledgeable owners worked with Hinckley Yacht Services over the past several years to ensure she is in top condition by updating and upgrading many of her systems to the latest in technologies. Some of the recent upgrades include new Mather helm controls, Cummins generator, Hinckley OnWatch monitoring system (able to monitor boat from your smart phone), Stars and Stripes Blue hull paint and more. SWEET SPOT has recently completed the extensive Hinckley service package and is ready for immediate delivery that includes the exclusive Hinckley Certified Pre-Owned warranty!
SWEET SPOT sleeps 5 in her comfortable accommodations. Forward, below deck, are a Master Stateroom, Head, Shower, Galley, and second stateroom. The interior is finished in satin and gloss-varnished cherry with white vinyl overheads with varnished cherry battens, and a varnished teak & tulip cabin sole. All lockers have louvered doors. The 44 Motor Yacht features a glass enclosed rear Salon bulkhead with double door.
The Pilothouse features two Stidd Helm seats, two L-shaped settees and a varnished teak hi-lo table to port. The cockpit includes aft-facing settees, forward facing transom seating, table and lounge, and a walk-thru transom door to the swim platform.
SWEET SPOT` Features include:
- Sky screens on pilothouse hatches.
- Upgraded electronics to include Raymarine E165 Hybrid Touch Chartplotter, HD Radar, Raystar 130, AIS, Satellite weather, Hinckley OnWatch monitoring system, Icom 400BB VHF, Fusion sound system, etc..
- (6) Opening port lights and (9) opening overhead hatches provide a light and airy interior.
- Hella fans provide extra air circulation when necessary.
- Reverse-cycle air-conditioning in the interior and Helm/Salon offers additional cooling and heating comfort.
- Pop-up spring line cleats.
- Tinted side windows.
- Custom cockpit tables
- LED lighting
- Fusion MS-AV700i Stereo with Bluetooth
- Four ( 4) pairs of Polyplanar speakers
- 15” Samsung LCD flat screen TV in forward stateroom.
- 17” Samsung LCD flat screen TV in guest stateroom
- Individual zone volume controls
- Internal FM antenna
- Stars and Stripes Blue Awlgrip topsides. (2017)
- Matterhorn White Gelcoat deck & cabintop with molded-in nonskid.
- Double white Awlgrip boot stripe.
- Shark Grey bottom.
Dual Guard ™ Composite Construction and SCRIMP process. Hinckley’s DualGuard construction has a skin coat of chopped E-glass mat in low shrink vinylester resin, an outer skin of Kevlar/E-glass, a core of end grain resin-sealed aircraft grade balsa and high-density foam, and an inner skin of carbon fiber.
In such areas as the hull/deck connecting flange, jet intakes, and all through-hull fittings, the core is eliminated and the hull reinforced with additional layers of fiberglass. A reinforcement stringer system of carbon is inserted into the hull, and the completed laminate (hull stringer system) is then SCRIMPed. The patented SCRIMP process, an advanced, closed-molding, resin infusion technique, uses a strong vacuum to saturate or infuse the "sandwich" with vinylester resin in a single step.
The hull shell is supported by a combination of foam cored FRP stiffeners laminated to the primary hull, and structural bulkheads.
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & weight ratios, greater hull strength against impact damage, and thermal insulation.
- Marelon ball-valve type flush seacocks.
- Stainless steel 316L drain plates on all scuppers.
- 3’ Chafe strips at spring cleats.
- Stainless steel half round rub rail molding.
- Swim platform with teak inserts has a stainless steel swim ladder under the swim platform and custom stainless steel boarding handles.
Pilothouse roof has a custom Hinckley mast (painted to match house) that supports a flag halyard, anchor/steaming light, VHF antenna, and cockpit floodlight. The handrails on the cabin trunk and pilothouse tops are varnished teak.
- Dual trumpet air horn.
- Hailer horn painted to match deck.
- Running lights.
- Remote control spotlight.
- Gloss varnished teak handrails with protective sun covers.
Ingenious foredeck locker has a custom stainless steel anchor arm that can be pivoted to deck launch position. Remote hand held control for anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring this boat simple. The anchor also can be pinned in place or pivoted back into the locker for a stowed away profile.
- A freshwater deck wash spigot is in the foredeck windlass locker.
- Tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile.
- (9) Lewmar Ocean aluminum hatches with smoke gray Lexan.
- (6) Trunk cabin opening elliptical port lights with removable screens.
- Stainless steel chocks and mooring cleats.
- Wichard folding pad eyes & chafe strips for fender & dock lines – extended chafe strips port and starboard.
- Outboard transom locker with over board drain.
- Stainless steel deck scupper screens.
- Full bow rail.
Entry to the boat cockpit is either from the side gunwale step with custom handrail or through the transom. A centerline transom door with stainless steel clasp and hinges opens from the swim platform.
- Varnished teak cockpit cap.
- Custom port and starboard tables that secure underneath cockpit coaming (2016)
- Optional teak deck
- Removable teak boarding step block for side deck that can be used port or starboard.
- Removable stainless steel with teak boarding step attaches to inboard coaming port or starboard.
- Custom removable SS handrail mounts port or starboard.
- Transom handle.
- Removable swim platform SS handles port and starboard.
- Port and starboard are aft-facing settees with cushions that are covered Giati/Palm Desert fabric.
- Removable aft cockpit seating
Aft at the transom are forward-facing removable port and starboard settees with matching cushions.
- Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover fastens to pilothouse top and fastens with snaps to cockpit stern.
- Cockpit shower with spigot has hot and cold mixing valve under side deck.
- Glendining Cable master shore cord reel system.
- Storage is provided in the cockpit by a locker at the aft transom to starboard, a cockpit sole hatch access to the stern lazzarette for jet service and extra storage.
- Lockers behind engine box seat cushion backs.
Pilothouse / Salon (Midship)
Helm area with Stidd helm seat covered in blue ultra- leather to starboard, and Stidd navigator’s seat to port covered in blue ultra-leather. L-shaped cushioned settees are aft port and starboard.
- Hi-Lo manual table to port with chrome base.
- Storage under port and starboard settees.
- Frigast 12-volt reading lamps aft at settees.
- Engine room day hatch in deck sole aft.
- Storage locker forward deck sole.
- Varnished Teak dash and window trim.
- Teak pilothouse sole.
- Gloss varnished finished in salon interior.
- (2) Varnished teak handrails in pilothouse, overhead port and starboard.
- Stidd Blue Ultra-Leather covered Helm/Salon seats port and starboard forward with chrome coated bases.
- Double centerline door to access helm from cockpit.
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning ducts port and starboard.
- U-line icemaker is mounted under helm seat and accessed through a louvered teak door.
The pilothouse has 3-forward tempered glass fixed windows with intermittent windshield wipers and washers. The pilothouse side windows with slide opening give the Helmsmen and Crewmembers additional communication to the dock and additional ventilation. Side windows are tinted bronze.
- White noise-absorbent overhead with varnish battens.
- (4) Overhead opening hatches for excellent ventilation.
- Sky screen sunscreens on pilothouse hatches with screen or shade.
- Overhead halogen lamps on dimmers provide lighting.
- (2) Hella fans mounted forward port and starboard.
Navigator/Passenger’s Area (forward to port) has a satin dash with grab handle. The Navigator’s chair is a Stidd pedestal with folding footrest and is covered in Blue UltraLeather, slides forward and aft, and pivots manually.
Outboard the passenger seat is a varnished teak shelf with fiddle rail. The main DC/AC electrical breaker panel is under this shelf – the electrical panel has been hinged for easy access.
- Galvanic isolator monitor panel.
- 12-volt and a 110-volt outlet in this area.
- Air conditioner outlet vent
Satin varnished teak dash with Hinckley JetStick, Raymarine Hybrid Touch color display, engine controls and gauges, remote controls and a 15" teak rimmed steering wheel. The helm seat is covered in matching Blue UltraLeather, slides forward and aft, and pivots manually, with chrome coated base. Forward of the helm seat is a stainless steel footrest. A louvered teak door under the helm seat provides access to the pilothouse. Outboard of the helm seat is a varnished teak shelf with fiddle which houses the Hinckley JetStick and a cup holder. A 12-volt outlet is near the key switches.
- Charts are stored under locker in helm compartment.
- Marine air digital control.
- Back-up bucket control.
- Marine Air digital control.
- Fireboy override switch.
- Alarm system monitor panel.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine P70R Autopilot .
- Raymarine e165 Hybrid Touch Chartplotter with Wi-Fi built in
- Raymarine Multi-Function Display
- Raymarine HD 4KW 48” Digital Open Array Radar
- Navionics Platinum Plus Chart Chip
- Icom IC-40 VHF with remote mic
- Hinckley OnWatch shipboard monitoring system ( to smartphone)
- Mathers electronics controls. (replaced 2020)
- Port and starboard oil pressure and water temperature gauges and rudder angle indicator mounted above plotter screens for direct view.
- Alarm panel with light indicator and audio alarm.
- Danforth Global Balance Binnacle Compass.
- Floscan fuel monitor system with digital tachometer and hour meters.
- Fireboy override switch.
- ACR remote spotlight control.
- Fuel transfer pump on/off switches.
- Bennett trim tab controls and indicators.
- Exacto windshield wiper controls.
- Fuel tank gauges.
- Raystar 125 WAAS GPS antenna.
From the pilothouse forward down one step to the interior accommodations, a teak handrail to starboard can assist at the companionway. There is a full Galley to port and second stateroom opposite to starboard. The head and separate shower areas are forward to port and starboard. Master Cabin is forward.
Portside mid aft is the U-shaped GALLEY finished in satin-varnished cherry cabinetry with louvered locker doors and a blue Corian countertop with fiddled edges. Opening window port with shade.
- Overhead halogen lights with dimmer.
- Under microwave silverware drawer.
- Under silverware drawer, pot and pan locker.
- Double storage locker above sink.
- Under mounted double stainless steel sink – with Grohe fixture/sprayer.
- Hot and cold pressure fresh water system.
- Kenyon 2-burner electric smooth top.
- Sharp microwave/convection oven – Carousel Grill 2 – built-in under stove.
- Cold plate (2) compartment freezer and refrigerator with front cherry-faced door for refrigerator and countertop-hatch access.
- Double 110-volt outlet – outboard.
- 12-Volt Dome light over sink with dimmer.
- Countertop with back lip to protect the cherry laminated bulkhead.
- Outboard of the sink is a countertop top-opening storage bin.
- Under sink locker storage with door.
- Rope lighting under counter with rheostat.
- Alcove storage outboard of counter top with dividers for cups/glasses and plates.
- (4) Drawers under counter.
- Teak paper towel holder.
- 12-Volt Hella fan on forward bulkhead.
- Overhead hatch with sky screen shade.
- Additional storage drawer inboard and below of refrigerator.
- Hallway overhead halogen light with dimmer.
Next forward of the Galley and Dining Area is the ensuite Head with sink, vanity and marine toilet to port and separate shower stall to starboard. There are opening window ports and opening deck hatches in both the head and the shower.
The head area has light cream-colored fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid. The bulkheads in the head are satin varnished cherry.
- Corian off white countertop with polished stainless steel undermounted sink, Grohe fixtures, and hot & cold pressure water.
- (2) Cherry-trimmed mirrors – full-size mounted on the door to the forward cabin and half size forward bulkhead mounted.
- (2) Stainless steel towel bars on interior of head door.
- Double robe hook – on door.
- Sealand vacu-flush marine head is plumbed directly to the 35-gallon holding tank that can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump to a discharge facility.
- Divided storage locker outboard.
- Reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning system duct.
- Rheostat lighting.
- Double 110-volt outlet.
- Air conditioning duct.
- Tankwatch 4 holding tank monitor.
- Overhead hatch with sky screen shade.
Separate Shower with Formica bulkheads and fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid.
- Watertight divided storage/towel locker outboard over the oiled teak shower seat.
- Stainless steel towel rack is mounted above the shower locker.
- (4) Robe hooks for hanging towels or wet gear.
- Outlet for the reverse-cycle air conditioning system in the shower.
- Removable hand held Grohe shower head.
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward Cabin):
Forward, the cabin solid cherry door opens to a centerline Queen berth. Storage includes double doors forward to the chain/rope locker, port and starboard hanging lockers, and outboard shelves and compartments. The forward cabin has a large overhead hatch and there are oval opening window ports, starboard and portside for plenty of extra light and ventilation.
- (1) Storage drawers below bunk at foot.
- Outboard, port and starboard of the centerline bunk are storage compartments with lift-up tops with make-up mirrors inside.
- Aft of the centerline bunk are port and starboard hanging lockers with a louvered doors and cedar lining.
- Overhead dome light as well as Frigast reading lamps with dimmers mounted on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans on the forward bulkhead.
- Overhead opening hatch with sky screen shade.
- Double magazine rack aft bulkhead behind door to starboard.
- Double110-volt outlet starboard and portside.
- Port and starboard outboard forward bookshelves, starboard side is a long shelf.
- Air conditioning ducts port and starboard for either cooling or reverse-cycle heat.
- Private Ensuite head entrance with door to the master stateroom
Separate 12 volt-DC starting and accessories systems – 120/240 volt A/C system with breaker distribution panel:
- (2) Lifeline GPL-31/600CCA- main engine & generator start.
- (4) AGM GPL-4D 255-amp/hr batteries for 24-volt and 12-volt service. (new 2017)
- Custom Bass 12-volt DC electrical circuit breaker panel – isone half of the standard Hinckley electrical panel – with volt and amp meter gauges.
- 12-volt DC 80-amp alternator on portside engine for starting batteries.
- 24-volt DC 80-amp alternator for ships service batteries.
- 120-volt and 240-volt AC systems from shore power and generator:
- Cummins Onan MDK 13.5Kw generator rated for 240 volt AC, 60 Hz. (new 2017) 157 Hours
- Custom Bass 120-volt AC electrical circuit panel with Hinckley combo 120/240 AC on the other half of the electrical panel.
- Shore power 50-amp 110/240-volts AC cord and Glendinning reel system.
- ProSine 100-amp 24-VDC inverter charger with remote monitor/control panel.
- (4) Four caged 12-volt lights in engine room and one caged light in forepeak.
- Pilothouse icemaker.
- Battery switches and engine battery parallel.
- Copper electrical bonding system.
- GFI protected circuits in galley, engine room and head and in pilothouse.
- The Generator has a 35-amp alternator that can also charge the start batteries.
- The Generator is sound shield mounted and is complete with remote control panel.
Twin 2003 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP diesel 440-hp 6-cylinder in-line engines have low engine hours with ZF Marine1.41:1 reverse/reduction gear, Aqua Drive CV shaft system, Lenco trim tabs and twin Hamilton 322 waterjets. Mathers electric single-lever controls and synchronizer control the engine RPM’s & transmission. Patented Hinckley JetStick® control system integrates forward and aft motion of the boat, steering, and the 10" electric bow thruster.
- 500 hour cooler services completed 2017
- Exhaust risers replaced 2016
- Two-inch foam/lead fully insulated engine room and flexible engine mounts provide quiet, vibration-free cruising.
- 10" bow thruster integrated with JetStick®. (new DC motor 2019)
- Saltwater cooled-in-line muffler exhaust system.
- (3) Racor LG-100 in-line fuel filters for engine & generator with vacuum and water sensing gauges.
- Water jet angle gauge at helm.
- Engine oil pressure gauge.
- Engine cooling water temperature gauge.
- Low oil pressure alarm.
- High cooling water temperature alarm.
- Oil transfer pump for engines, transmissions and generator.
- Floscan 9600 fuel monitoring system with digital tachometer and hour meter.
- (2) Fuel transfer pumps with switch at helm.
- Paragon Sr. freshwater pump.
- High water bilge alarm system with float switches.
- (3) 12-volt DC automatic bilge pumps.
- Whale Gusher bilge pump.
- Fireboy automatic fire extinguisher system: For main engines, with automatic engine shut-down.
- Fire extinguishers.
- 12-volt engine room blower.
- 40,000 BTU Marineair reverse-cycle air conditioner services pilothouse, galley, dinettes, head, shower, and forward cabin.
- (2) Aluminum alloy 150-gallon wing fuel tanks.
- (1) 200-gallon centerline fuel tank with remote fuel gauges.
- 100-gallon stainless steel freshwater tank.
- 35-gallon holding tank – with tank gauge. (new 2020)
- 17-gallon stainless steel insulated water heater.
- Muir VRC 1200A electric 24-volt DC windlass in anchor well.
- Custom 316L polished stainless steel bow roller.
- Bow roller mounted 35# Delta galvanized anchor with 25′ x 3/8" stainless steel galvanized chain +200′ x 5/8" nylon rode.
- ACR spotlight mounted on pilothouse top with remote at helm.
- Varnished teak bow burgee pole and stainless socket.
- Varnished teak ensign pole and stainless steel socket.
- Navigation lights.
- Dock lines.
- Fenders with covers.
- Horn – 12-volt.
- Brass 6" bell.
- Life jackets.
- Coast Guard safety package.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.