“SOWWANIN” is an incredible opportunity to purchase an “EP” (Extended Pilothouse Picnic Boat) that just received numerous upgrades. All new Garmin electronics, Fusion Bluetooth Stereo, new Fabrics and new Isenglass curtains. This “EP” also includes Air Conditioning in the cabin and pilothouse. A Mobile Power system allows for AC underway as well as at the dock. She will winter in heated indoor storage at Hinckley Yacht Services in Stamford, CT including Hinckley’s comprehensive Winter JetBoat Package.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
Engine Model: 6LY2-STP diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Hours: 548
Drive Type: Jet
Engine Power: 440|horsepower
The Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) sleeps two comfortably forward and includes head with shower, and galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward-facing Stidd seats are in the pilothouse. SOWWANIN has new electronics, fabrics, Isenglass curtains, AC and many more options/ features that make “Sowwanin” not only an elegant day cruiser but a comfortable weekender as well.
Please review her pictures and specifications to see why she is so special.
Some introductory boat features include:
- Five (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers
- Ocean Air Sky screens/shades on all hatches-four pilothouse hatches and one interior hatch
- (4) Hella fans – Two in main cabin and two in pilothouse
- (2) Air conditioning units: 12,000 BTU air conditioning units with outlets in pilothouse – 7,000 BTU air conditioning unit with ducts in main cabin, head and pilothouse.
- Mobile Power 110-Volt alternator system to power Air conditioners.
- All new electronics 2020
- All new fabrics 2020
- New Isenglass back drop curtains 2020
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck
- Light Cream Single Bootstripe
- Black Bottom Paint
Construction of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard™ Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin; Aircraft grade end grain balsa below the waterline; Carbon fiber inner skin and SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core and Corecell® core carbon fiber, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Handrail mounted vertically on transom, painted to match hull color
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch cover
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on the house top, pilothouse top and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches each with Ocean Air Screen/Blind system
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow and stern 316L fixed stainless steel mooring cleats
- Mid-rail “pull-up” cleats are easily reached from cockpit
- Padeyes to hang fenders with stainless steel toe rail chafe strips
- Teak cockpit coaming
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard – with dimmer switch at helm
- Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- Cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat.
- Fishing rod holders port and starboard in aft deck sides
- Rupp aluminum rod holders mounted under cockpit coaming
- Force 10 BBQ LP Gas Grill
Entry to the cockpit:
- A stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
Forward-facing seating at transom and aft-facing seating on engine box is upholstered:
Seat bottoms and back are finished in Indigo Stripe
The Wet bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water to starboard. To port in the unit is a Force 10 Propane BBQ grill. The sink and grill have a varnished teak cover.
- The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders for this area.
Full Ivory color cockpit cover attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming.
- (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) TInted sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, non-tinted , forward windows with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid
- Teak finished pilothouse instrument pod, pilothouse liners, dash and cockpit coamings
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Aire screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four overhead low-voltage halogen lights on dimmer switch.
- Air- Conditioner in locker under pilothouse settee
- Pilothouse has two AC duct outlets.
- (2) Hella fans – Removable and mounted outboard forward port and starboard
- (5) Cup holders
- New Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse. 2020
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
The Pilothouse interior has:
- Varnished teak locking companionway door:
- Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top
Helm Seats Forward:
Stidd helm and passenger seats are on powder-coated pedestals that can be adjusted fore and aft and up and down. Forward stainless steel footrest for helm and passenger seat on bulkhead. These seats are finished in Light Cream Ultra-Leather.
Forward to Port:
Forward passenger area includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. Outboard are controls for the Mobil Power and Air Conditioning. Below the switches is a louvered door locker outboard the navigator seat pedestal.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®” control panel
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temperature, jet nozzle direction indicator
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet in chart pocket
- One single and one double cup holders.
Next aft, the extended pilothouse roof shades additional seating with a L-shaped settee with varnished teak shelf rim to port that faces inboard and forward. This area is upholstered in a white waterproof fabric- New 2020.
- Varnished teak table opens to form square
- Two additional cup holders on shelf behind L-settee.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics/Nav Equipment:
- Garmin 8616 16” color chartplotter MFD- new 2020
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Garmin 4” Display- new 2020
- Garmin 18” Raydome 18xHD- new 2020
- Fusion Stereo MS-RA70- new 2020
- Icom M402 VHF Radio
- (2) Alpine SPS-1629 speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead
- (2) Alpine STM6666 speakers in pilothouse.
- New Fusion Bluetooth stereo-MS-RA70- 2020
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly and has a Sunbrella cabin sole cover.
- There is an opening overhead hatch with Ocean Aire Sky Screen/Blind
- Four (4) opening port lights
From the pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
- Clear Beige Sand Formica countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board
- Microwave 600-watt 110-volt oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Pullout under counter garbage receptacle
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step light in galley
- LP gas sniffer
- Propane shut-off valve
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a wood stove cover/cutting board, which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a counter lift-up top.
A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – custom mount on bulkhead.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- A double berth is formed with an insert and matching cushion
- Cushions are upholstered in Terrycloth Off White Fabric. New 2020
- Storage locker under port V-berth has a shelf accessed cherry drop-front door.
- Air conditioning and duct under the opposite berth
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- Heavy duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord
- Freedom 10 Heart inverter/Battery Charger
Electrical panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
Mobile Power 110-volt AC engine alternator – Provides 110-volt AC power for air conditioning system.
2004 Yanmar 6LY2-STP 440-hp diesel engine
- Hamilton 292 Jet Drive
- ZF IRM220PL reduction transmission
- Bow thruster- 7” 12V DC powered thruster integrated to “JetStick®.
- Hinckley custom “JetStick Gen2” integrates forward and aft motion of the boat, the steering, and the bow thruster into a single joystick control.
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- (2) Heavy gauge aluminum fuel tanks – total 160-gallons
- Acoustic foam-lined engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover with electric lift
- Engine box exhaust fan
- Halon engine compartment fire suppression system
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Dock lines
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Hand-held flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR Masthead mounted spot light with helm mounted electric remote control
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15” SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.