GALIENE is an eye-catching aft-cockpit, keel-centerboard, reverse-transom Sou’wester 52 stoway sloop. She has a tri-cabin cherry interior plan with berths for up to 8. Many amenities for safe, comfortable and efficient sailing are included, packaged in this beautiful Hinckley vessel.
See GALIENE’S extensive upgrades lists.
Tri-cabin cherry interior layout is gloss varnished and has a white overhead with cherry trim and a teak and holly sole.
Her Interior Plan includes:
- Forepeak – storage for anchor/rodes and equipment.
- Forward Head
- Guest Cabins – Port and starboard.
- Main Cabin – Main Salon including dinette, Nav Station and Galley.
- Aft Head
- Master Stateroom – Aft.
Interior features include:
- Berths for eight (8) – Sheets for all berths – including two linen sets for Master Stateroom.
- Espar D5L cabin heater
- Recessed overhead lights with remote switches.
- Curtains throughout.
- Hunter Green UltraSuede fabric covered cushions in Main Salon – easy clean.
- (4) Throw pillows in Hunter Ultrasuede with double piping in Almond and Florentine.
- Louvered doors in the Main Salon.
- Red step-lights at the steps and Companionway.
- Teak hand rails port and starboard of the Companionway.
- Hinckley custom towel/grab bar in front of the Galley stove.
- Stereo system, TV and DVD player located in the main salon entertainment center.
- Fusion radio
- Weems & Plath clock and barometer
The Interior is accessed from the forward cockpit down the companionway steps into the aft Main Cabin area. Immediately to starboard is the Galley with the Master Stateroom and Aft Head directly opposite to port, all very cockpit accessible. Forward is the full-with Main Salon.
MASTER STATEROOM: Aft to port is the Master Stateroom that features:
- Double berth with large storage drawers under.
- Full-length shelf over outboard the berth.
- Dresser with a custom pullout writing desk.
- Hanging locker
- Two opening ports offer extra natural light and ventilation.
- Private access door to Aft Head.
Forward of the Master Stateroom, this varnished cherry finished Head, with molded fiberglass easy to clean sole, also has a white overhead.
There are two solid entrance doors providing simple access: Private from the Master Stateroom and easy access from the Main Cabin area.
Head features include:
- Separate stall shower with teak seat and folding clear plexiglass door.
- Varnished Cherry vanity with Sierra Sandstone Corian countertop.
- Porcelain sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water.
- Vacu-flush marine toilet – with 22-gallon holding tank.
- Two (2) Hinckley towel bars.
- Locker and drawer storage under the countertop.
- Locker storage outboard.
- Port with curtain.
- Hella fan.
- Mirror over sink.
To starboard, the U-shaped Galley has a Sierra Eclipse Corian countertop that offers plentiful work space:
- Double stainless sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Large lift-out hatch top to pot/pan storage.
- Built-in knife rack.
- Force 10 propane 3-burner stove with oven and broiler.
- Storage under the stove.
- Locker storage lockers outboard.
- Spice drawer.
- Glass storage rack.
- Sea Frost large refrigerator with a front-opening door and hatch-top access.
- Sea Frost freezer – countertop hatch-top accessed.
- Additional dish locker storage outboard.
Forward, from the starboard Galley and separated by a shelf-topped half bulkhead is the separate large Nav Station that faces aft. The aft end of the cushioned starboard Salon settee also doubles as the nav seat.
This well-equipped area features:
- Opening cherry Nav desk with chart storage.
- Storage drawers are inboard on the nav desk.
- Electronics and nav instruments.
- Nav area flex chart light.
- Main electrical panel is outboard with smoked plexi-glass doors.
The full-width Main Salon includes a Dinette to port and a Settee/Berth area to starboard.
- 12-volt dome spot lighting with dimmers.
- 12-volt stainless steel bulkhead lighting.
- 12-volt halogen lighting in alcove with dimmers.
Settee – has upholstered backrests:
- Outboard are lockers forward and aft with a center alcove and drawer storage.
- Speakers are located in the alcove area.
U-shaped DINETTE – Opposite to port:
- Varnished custom varnished cherry dining table with center built-in silverware storage.
- Cushioned seating with custom upholstered backrest surrounds the table outboard.
- Liquor storage under a lift-out behind the backrest.
- Outboard lockers forward and aft with center alcove storage.
- Forward locker houses the stereo and DVD equipment – USA and Euro compatible.
- Aft locker includes the pull-out color TV that swivels for easy viewing.
- One locker door houses custom wine glass rack.
Next forward are two Cabins, located port and starboard, with sleeping accommodations for four guests.
Each cabin has:
- Private access to the forward head.
- Overhead hatch – natural light and ventilation.
- Frigast 12-volt stainless steel reading light.
PORT FORWARD CABIN:
- Double berth
- Storage drawers under.
- Small shelf over.
- Hanging locker
- Night stand with drawers.
STARBOARD FORWARD CABIN:
- Upper and lower single berths.
- Dresser forward.
- Large hanging locker.
The Forward Head is finished in easy-to-clean cherry and white Formica and is privately accessed via two aft doors – each from a Guest Cabin. Forward is a watertight bulkhead separating the forepeak from the Forward Head. The sole includes a teak grate.
- Vanity with Sierra Sandstone Corian countertop.
- Porcelain sink with fixtures including pull-out shower head.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Teak shower seat
- Two (2) storage lockers outboard with mirrored sliding doors.
- Two large storage lockers.
- Vacu-flush marine head – with 12-gallon holding tank.
Head amenities include:
- Hinckley custom stainless towel and grab bars.
- Large overhead opening hatch with translucent cover.
- Private entry to port and starboard Guest Cabins.
Separate 12-volt DC systems:
- Two AGM engine start batteries – 900-amp cold-crank start – Engine and generator
- Four AGM house batteries- 760-amp/hrs battery capacity for house accessories
- Separate windlass start battery
- Two separate engine alternators charge batteries
- 12-volt outlet near the cockpit coaming
- Xantrex Link 2000R battery monitor system
110-volt / 220-volt AC System:
- Shore power with 220-volt 50-amp shore cord.
- Heart Freedom 25 inverter with Link 2000.
- 110-volt outlets throughout.
- Iso-transformer – to allow for 220-volt shore power
- Shore cord for cable TV
Generator – 2006 Panda Mini-12 (367.5 hrs Oct 2018)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.