CABOCHON has just received a major Refit where nothing was left untouched. Never before so “dialed in”, she is ready to cruise anywhere, immediately. Only a few seasons ago, she had an exterior paint refit including an entire new (Awlgrip) paint job that encompassed the hull, superstructure, davits, mast, boom and spreaders, painting and repair of all hatches. Everything aboard is now fresh – all exterior paint, rigging, electronics, entertainment systems, exterior and interior soft goods, mechanical service, air conditioning system, hydraulic system, helm station controls, exterior canvas, tender, etc.
CABOCHON has accommodations for six adults and two children in the owner’s party, with three large private staterooms aft, split-level dining/lounge areas amidships, plus two en-suite cabins forward of the galley for crew. Joinery is finely crafted Euro-style teak with a gloss varnish finish. Major interior refit in 2019 including, but not limited to – all new soft goods, lighting fixtures, satellite TV system & TVs, Wi-Fi system, Sonos audio system, carpeting throughout, head fixtures, etc.
The large pilothouse, originally designed for inclement weather, has quickly become the center of activity aboard CABOCHON. It is light and airy with excellent visibility all around. To port is a U-shaped settee and teak table that seats six, great for informal meals, cocktails or just planning the day’s activities.
To starboard and forward is the navigation area with throttle and autopilot control, complete with all electronics, nav table and helmsman’s seat. Aft of the nav area is a wet bar and coffee machine.
Entered from the pilothouse down full-sized easy-access stairs and hallway, the master stateroom aft has 1 king (new, 2019) and 1 queen sized berth, port and starboard, a makeup area, two cedar-lined hanging lockers, plenty of storage space and his and hers bathrooms. Port head features a bathtub while the starboard head features an enclosed shower. Opening portholes for ventilation and deck prisms for additional natural light. LCD TV with high definition satellite and Sonos system (2018). Aft, a centerline vestibule leads to a private aft cockpit.
Forward of the master stateroom and separated by a passageway are two guest staterooms, each with en-suite head and stall shower. Both guest staterooms have two twin beds, plus fold-away Pullman berths for children. Both cabins have fillers for the twin beds which convert them to single queens (new, 2019) Both cabins have cedar-lined hanging lockers, plenty of storage space, two opening portholes for ventilation and deck prisms for additional natural light.
The full-beam salon is open to the pilothouse salon, so that the pilothouse windows reach over 50 percent of the salon. Two hatches provide abundant natural light in the salon. To starboard there is a dining area for eight. To port is an L-shaped couch with coffee table and a 40" LCD TV with high definition satellite, DVD, and Sonos system (2018). In addition to ample dry storage, there is a built-in wine rack, refrigerator and ice maker (new 2015).
Forward of the main salon, a sliding teak door, as well as a watertight MCA door, lead to a large, U-shaped galley and crew mess. The fully-equipped galley has a large hatch for light and/or fresh air while at anchor, so the running of A/C (new 2019) is often an elective. There are multiple freezer compartments to support “around-the-world” adventuring.
- Broadwater 4-burner propane stove and oven (new propane tanks, 2019)
- KitchenAid cook top
- KitchenAid microwave oven (new 2020)
- KitchenAid dishwasher (new 2016)
- KitchenAid trash compactor
- Sub Zero vertical refrigerator with (2) bottom drawers
- Sub Zero (2) freezer drawers
- Lift-up, under-counter freezer compartment outboard (D.C.) (new 2013)
- Sub-sole freezer compartment (D.C.) (new 2013)
- Miscellaneous small appliances
- Extractor fan and lighting over stove
- Double stainless steel sinks with retractable faucet (new 2013)
- Corian countertops
- Cork flooring with full carpet (new 2019)
Two double crew cabins are located forward of the galley. Each cabin has its own sink and toilet and shares a centrally located shower.
The crew mess is equipped with its own entertainment center, including LCD TV (new 2018), with High Def Satellite, Sonos. The Miele washer (new 2015) and Miele dryer are located beside the crew mess for easy access.
Aft of the pilothouse is a large cockpit which can be fully enclosed and protected from the elements with a rigid bimini top, eisenglass side curtains, and dodger (all new 2019). There is a U-shaped seating area to port with a teak table that opens for cocktails or on-deck dining. Opposite to starboard is an L-shaped seating area with an additional teak table. Blue cushions with white piping (new, 2019) complement the “Whisper Gray” Awlgrip (new 2015) house. Awlgripped teak trim and teak deck. In the cockpit there is a top-loading refrigerator to port of the pilothouse companionway and cabinet space to starboard.
Aft of the cockpit area is the raised helm area. A U-shaped settee surrounds the 4.5 foot wheel and pedestal, which accommodates navigational instruments, compass, engine controls and toggle controls for easy command and control of all sail handling. CABOCHON can literally be sailed by just one person without leaving the helm.
Helm Station completely redesigned and rebuilt in 2019 including, but not limited to:
- New engine controls
- New MFDs which show engine data
- New generator start/stop controls
- New engine, generator gauges
- New navigational electronics and wind instruments
- New PTO controls
- New hydraulic shut down controls
- New anchor windlass remotes
- New sail handling (furlers, winches) remotes
On the aft deck, there is a private owners’ cockpit and hydraulic swim platform for easy access to and from the water.
Large well-laid-out engine room (new paint 2015 and partially repainted in 2019) with easy access to all pumps and power, stand-up headroom next to main engine.
(2013) John Deere 6-cylinder Model 6090SFM75, 375-hp diesel engine main engine (612 hours) turbocharger and heat exchangers overhauled in 2019.
- 90 cm 3-blade Maxprop propeller
- Max Power 35-hp bow thruster (new, 2019)
- Chilled water MarineAir air conditioning (entire system new, 2019) – New chillers, air handlers, ductwork
- Fire suppression system in engine room (new, 2019)
- Eberspacher diesel heater system (entire system new, 2019)
- Sea Recovery watermaker, 60 gallons/h 110 VAC
- Sea Recovery watermaker, 8 gallons/h 25V DC
- Isotherm water heaters (new 2011)
- Fresh Water pumps (new 2019)
- Fuel polishing system (new 2014)
- Fuel shut off system (new, 2019)
- Shaft seal (new 2015)
The ship’s hydraulics are an integrated system designed by Maxpower. This system allows the functions to be powered by three sources: Maxpower DC-pump or (2) Rexroth Genset driven PTO’s. Entire system completely rebuilt in 2019 including an entirely new centerboard ram.
- New hydraulic manifold and all hoses (2019)
- Backstay hydraulics overhauled (2019)
- Centerboard hydraulic ram (2019)