The large, comfortable T-shaped aft cockpit allows easy shorthanded sailing and still has a large crew capacity. Cockpit lockers and lazarette offer far more storage area than normally found on much larger boat. *Cockpit coamings modified in 1999 as in later MK II models.
Binnacle pedestal wheel steering:
- Stainless steel destroyer type wheel with a teak rim
- Danforth compass with chrome binnacle cover and stainless steel binnacle guard
- Throttle and gear shift levers
- Helm step
Cockpit features include:
Some Additional features:
- Toast Sunbrella 3-bow dodger – with zipper front windows and stainless steel leather-covered grab rail.
- Toast Sunbrella Awning
- Varnished teak drop-leaf fold-down cockpit table – mounted on binnacle
- Cockpit cushions
- 12-volt outlet for spotlight
Interior decor is crafted varnished cherry wood with a cherry-trimmed white painted overhead and bright finished teak and holly sole.
SHENANDOAH sleeps 7 in two cabins plus quarterberth. Layout includes: Forepeak – with partitioned chain/rope storage, Forward Cabin, Head, and Main Cabin (Full-width Main Salon with Dinette and entertainment center PLUS Galley, Nav Station and aft Quarter-berth areas.
Other interior features include:
- Plenty of natural light and ventilation
- Frigast 12-volt bronze light fixtures
- Dome lighting
- Weems & Plath clock
- White formica countertops with a fold-up matching extension leaf board
- 110-volt outlets
- Espar D4L diesel heater
- Vacu-flush head
A removable 4-step varnished wood companionway ladder with teak treads and port and starboard handholds provides access from the cockpit to the Main Cabin and the accommodations below.
- Access to louvered cherry door storage is behind the steps.
- Custom cherry binocular box is mounted on the cherry finished aft trunkliner bulkhead to starboard of the steps, handy to the companionway and the nav station.
At the bottom of the companionway steps, the Main Cabin includes:
- Galley immediately to port
- Nav station and Aft Quarterberth – immediately to starboard.
- Main Salon – Full-width Main Salon is forward.
- Well-lighted and ventilated area from the companionway hatch, large and small ports, and an opening overhead hatch.
- Integral varnished cherry handholds are full-length port and starboard below the ports
- Teak grate dust pan is integrated in teak and holly sole
The U-shaped galley to port is easily accessed from the cockpit and separated from the forward main salon by a half bulkhead with a varnished cherry cap with built-in handhold.
- White formica countertop and cherry cabinetry
- Sliding louvered cherry door storage areas outboard and aft
- Cherry-faced storage drawers – Silverware and utensils, etc.
- Large double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Fresh water hand pump
- Storage cabinet under the sink
- Dry storage area outboard of sink and accessed through countertop hatch
- Drop-down counter extension is inboard of the sink.
- Force 10 propane stainless steel stove – gimbaled with towel/grab bar and stove cover
- Adler Barbour 12V/110V cold machine refrigeration (not working) includes separate freezer/refrigerator boxes accessed through countertop hatches
- Pullout waste receptacle
- Large window port over outboard
- Dome lights over countertop
- 110V outlet
- Marinetics LP switch
WALK-IN QUARTERBERTH AREA:
Aft to starboard of the companionway is a walk-in quarterberth area
- Single berth outboard with private stowage in cabinets and lockers.
- Inboard is access to the engine area
The full sized Nav Station is forward-facing and separated from the Quarterberth and the Main Salon by a half bulkhead with varnished cherry trim cap with built-in handhold.
She has a large opening cherry nav desk, cushioned seating with storage inside and complete instrumentation:
- Chart storage and and multiple storage drawers
- AC/DC Electrical electrical breaker panel outboard
- Engine gauges
- Nav instruments
- Red/white chart light
- (2) 12 volt outlets
- Overhead dome light as well as a large port over
Forward in the main cabin is the full-width Main Salon:
This versatile Main Salon has a dinette area to port and to starboard are transom & pilot berths. This area can convert to a full sleeping area with the ability to sleep four (4) persons.
- Dinette – This u-shaped dinette comfortably seats 6 and includes storage, accessed under the cushions.
- Varnished cherry double drop-leaf dining table
- Dinette coverts to double berth with adapter
- Outboard are forward and aft lockers and an alcove bookcase between.
- Frigast 12-volt lights mounted forward and aft
- Forward bulkhead includes flush mounted stereo speaker.
- Pull-out transom berth/Settee has bottom and back cushions. There is storage is behind the back cushion
- Pilot berth is over/outboard with a shelf outboard
- Storage is forward with a bureau and a locker over outboard. A hanging locker with shelf is next forward.
- Stereo speaker is flush mounted in the forward bulkhead.
HEAD AND FORWARD CABIN:
Forward of the Main Cabin is the Head and Master Stateroom. The Head is immediately to port and the Master Stateroom is forward.
- The head has two entrance doors – this allows a private Forward Cabin with ensuite Head or creates just a separate head.
HEAD (Forward Port):
The head bulkheads are finished in easy-to-clean white formica and trimmed in varnished teak, including locker doors. The molded head sole is easy to clean.
This large head features:
- White formica countertop mounted vanity with stainless steel sink and fixtures
- Showerhead pullout faucet and hot and cold pressure water, sump and pump
- Sealand VacuFlush electric head with Y-valve to holding tank and deck pumpout
- Stainless steel towel bar
- Storage includes linen locker
- 110-volt dual outlet
- Dome light over sink
- 12-volt lights and fluorescent light
- Dorade ventilation
- Opening port
FORWARD MASTER STATEROOM:
A door forward enters the Forward Stateroom. This stateroom includes a private entry into the Head.
- V-Berth is forward with filler to form a double berth
- Sliding ventilated door locker storage outboard berth, port and starboard
- Cherry-faced drawers and drop-front storage under the berths
- Cushioned seat is between with storage inside
- Starboard – Large double hanging locker with shelf over outboard
- To port – Bureau with locker over outboard
- Frigast bronze 12-volt light fixtures port and starboard above aft end of berths
- 110-volt outlets
- White finished overhead has a large double-opening hatch that provides natural light and ventilation
- Opening port – starboard
- Forward access door to the forepeak chain locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.