GRAND CRU is a superb example of the iconic Picnic Boat EP. Her “Herreshoff “style pilothouse has a bright and airy feel and is fully air conditioned (and heated) under way or at the dock. Only 170 hours on her remanufactured engine! The updated JetStick® control adds to the overall appeal of this wonderful yacht.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
Engine Model: 6LY2-STP fwc diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Hours: 170
Drive Type: Jet
Engine Power: 440|horsepower
The Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) sleeps two comfortably forward and includes Head with shower, and Galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward facing Stidd seats are in the Pilothouse. The Cockpit includes both forward and aft-facing cushioned seating. GRAND CRU is fully air conditioned both on shore power and under way through the Mobile Power generator. There are only 170 hours or her factory remanufactured Yanmar 440 and she has an upgraded JetStick® Gen-3 control system.
Some introductory boat features include:
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers
- OceanAir Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches and main cabin hatch
- (6) Hella fans – Two in main cabin and two in pilothouse, one in the galley and one in the head
- (2) Air conditioning units: Two 12,000 BTU reverse–cycle heat/air conditioning units with outlets in main cabin, head and pilothouse
- 5 KW Mobile Power Alternator System to power AC
- Accupoint heater with outlets in Pilothouse, main cabin, and head.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck
- Light Cream Double Bootstripe Red Bottom
- Red bottom
The hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin with balsa and Corecell core carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core and Corecell core carbon fiber, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Custom handrail on transom.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Stainless Steel handrails on cabin top and pilothouse roof
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
- Fishing Rod holders on port and starboard aft side decks
- Custom stainless steel removable boarding assist “Bo Peep” handle with stainless steel receivers on port and starboard side decks.
Entry to the cockpit:
- A stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Aluminum Rupp rod holders (4) mounted under sidedecks.
Seating in the Cockpit is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in custom Perennials fabric for the seat bottoms and seat backs.
- The Wet Bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover.. The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
Aft is a full-width Settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the pilothouse cushions. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
A full Ivory-color cockpit cover that attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming.
Other cockpit features include:
- Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- Cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat.
- Teak finished windows and shelves
- (4) Pilothouse windows and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Aire screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Pilothouse has an AC/head duct and Accupoint heater outlets
- (2) Hella fans – mounted the forward valence port and starboard
- Cup holders.
The Pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door. Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top and another varnished teak handrail runs the centerline length of the pilothouse overhead.
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows – provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
- Custom Ivory-color drop-curtain window covers
AFT, the extended pilothouse roof shades additional seating with an L-shaped settee with varnished teak shelf rim to port that faces inboard and forward.
- Back and bottom cushions are covered in Perennials Itty Bitty Yacht Club fabric.
- Table – Triangular varnished teak table hinges open to make larger square.
- There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
- Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area.
- Cup holders
Forward are Stidd helm and passenger seats on powder-coated pedestals that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft and have folding footrests. These seats are finished in Ivory Ultra-Leather.
Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A stainless steel footrest is below the handrail. Outboard are controls for the Mobil Power and Air Conditioning. Below the switches is a louvered door locker outboard of the navigator seat pedestal.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley JetStick®
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator, trim tab indicators
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt cigarette-style outlet in chart pocket
- Cup holders
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raytheon Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot
- Raymarine RL80 color Radar/Chartplotter display
- Raymarine Raystar 120 LP WAAS GPS antenna
- Spectrum GX2350 VHF Radio with DSC and loud hailer
- Ritchie compass
- Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature and speed indicator
- Alpine CDA-7892 AM/FM/CD stereo receiver, changer controller
- Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD changer with CDA 7892 head unit integrated with Alpine Ai-Net. – Can read CD, CD-R, CD-RW and MP3 format
- (4) Alpine speakers (black): (2) Alpine SPS-1629 speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead, (2) Alpine STM6666 speakers in pilothouse.
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly and has a custom cabin sole cover.
From the pilothouse companionway is the galley to port, private head to starboard and V-berth accommodations forward.
- Antique White Formica countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board
- Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Pullout under counter garbage receptacle
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step light in galley
- LP gas sniffer control
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a lift-up top. The galley is separated from the V-berth area with a “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves, and a dish stowage bin is above the pantry locker.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen.
- V-berth insert with matching cushion creates a double berth
- Cushions are upholstered in Perennial Cameleon-Rain Puddle P900-62 fabric
- Excellent storage with shelf under the V-berth with easy access cherry drop-front door.
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Aire screen/shade
- Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system.
- Electrical panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
- (2) 12-volt outlets – pilothouse and main cabin
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord
- Freedom 10 Heart inverter/Battery Charger
- (2) 110-volt outlets – head and galley
Mobile Power 5-Kw generation system – provides 110VAC power for the two-12,000 BTU air conditioning systems.
Yanmar 6LY2-STP 440-hp six-cylinder diesel engine (Yanmar remanufactured 2012)
- 170 engine hours and approx 840 total boat hours – 9/2017.
- Hamilton 292 Jet Drive
- ZF IRM220PL transmission
- Bow thruster – 12-volt 7” reversible thruster.
- Hinckley custom JetStick® Gen-3 control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, sea water flow, and high water temperature
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Fuel: 160-gallons total @ heavy-gauge aluminum tanks
- Fresh water: 35-gallons @ stainless steel tank
- Holding tank – 27-gallon @ aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- Acoustic-lined foam engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover, with electric riser
- Engine box exhaust fan
- Engine compartment Halon Fire Suppression System
Interior heating and cooling:
- (2) Reverse-cycle Air Conditioning units: Two 12,000 BTU heat/air conditioning units – outlets in main cabin, head and pilothouse – powered by Mobile Power 5-Kw generation system
- Accupoint heater – with outlets in Pilothouse, main cabin and head
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Brass 6” bell
- Boat hook mounted under side deck
- Dock lines
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Hand held flare kit
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR Masthead mounted spot light with helm mounted electric remote control
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15” SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Brad Holbrook Cell: 404-406-9518 or email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Jennifer Richards Cell: 443-852-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: John Fordon Cell: 239-438-0131 or email@example.com Office: 239-300-4995
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378
- WEST COAST
- Broker: Miquel Corelli CPYB Cell: 949-500-2776 or email@example.com Fax: 949-209-1809