ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
Hull and Deck
DECK & HULL
- Composite laminate of E-glass with Corecell core with Hydrex vinylester resin
- The core is vacuum bagged to the outer skin of the laminate
- A continuous E-glass / Kevlar hybrid layer is included in the outer and inner skin laminates
- Areas of hull penetrations, mast step and stem are solid fiberglass
- Hull is stiffened with six reinforced longitudinal stringers and primary bulkheads fiberglassed to hull
- Custom Jim Taylor high performance keel and rudder
- Deep balanced carbon fiber rudder with epoxy resin and carbon fiber rudder stock
- PVC rubrail painted to match hull with stainless steel chafe strip
- Hull Awlgripped with custom Mahogany color and double white boot stripe
- Black bottom paint
- Awlgripped Pale Gold cove stripe
- (6) fixed portlights in hull
- Composite laminate of E-Glass with Corecell core with Hydrex vinylester resin and gelcoat surface
- High density foam core or solid laminate in all areas receiving load bearing deck hardware
- The deck is permanently bonded to the hull using a horizontal, integrally laminated hull shelf to which the deck is bedded in 3M 5200 marine sealant and thru bolted at 8” o.c. Additionally the cap rail is bedded and attached through this joint using self-tapping screws at 8” on center, staggered so that there is a fastening every 4”.
- Cabin top above eyebrow is Awlgripped custom tan color Trunk cabin below eyebrow is white gelcoat.
- Non-skid is painted tan
The deck design incorporates a raised salon with large windows forward of the comfortable cockpit and a reverse transom with swim platform and steps down from stern. Particular attention was given to the details during construction on items such as the wooden trim details to the deck hardware layout and positioning.
- Stainless steel boat and stern rails with stanchions and double uncoated wire lifelines. Gates on port and starboard side as well as in stern rail for access to swim platform
- Stainless steel folding boarding ladder with mounts in port and starboard gates
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder mounts on swim platform
- Custom stainless steel stem fitting with double bow roller
- Varnished teak toe rail with integrated stainless steel chocks
- 12” stainless steel bow and stern cleats
- 10” stainless steel midship cleats
- Teak decking on foredeck, side decks, transom and cockpit sole
- Custom teak waterfall design trim at intersection of teak deck and cabin side. Margin boats of teak deck below waterfall trim are modified to rise up to the waterfall trim
- Custom varnished teak eyebrow
- Custom varnished teak handrail design on raised saloon and forward cabin trunk
- Varnished teak name board on transom
- Large opening hatch in transom for easy access to life raft and lazarette storage
- Large forepeak locker with flush deck hatch
- Large lazarette locker with flush deck hatch
- Dedicated propane locker with flush deck hatch
- (6) stainless steel opening deck hatches provide light and ventilation to forward head, forward cabins, main saloon and aft cabin
- (3) fixed portlights in forward section of cabin trunk (one on forward face and one on each side aft)
- (3) large fixed low-E marine glass forward windows on raised salon
- (4) large fixed low-E marine glass side windows on raised salon. Side windows are slightly bent to increase strength
- (9) stainless steel opening portlights (including two in cockpit) for additional light and ventilation below
- (5) dorades with stainless steel guards and varnished teak bases provide additional ventilation throughout the interior. Dorades incorporate internal screens and draft controls
- Edson outboard motor mount on stern rail
- Painted post at starboard transom for dinghy lift and pedestal for radar, satellite TV antenna and horns
- Teak seats on stainless steel frame port and starboard aft of cockpit
- Teak mounting chocks on aft deck for dinghy or liferaft
The interior is constructed in components that are then placed and assembled within the hull. All components are fitted to the hull, filleted and taped using bi-axial fiberglass and vinylester resin.
- Structural bulkheads are built from 3/4” Decolite, with the exception of the main bulkhead ( fwd. bulkhead in the Main Saloon ) which is built of solid, marine grade plywood glassed to the hull and deck and the forepeak bulkhead which is built of a custom composite
- Non-structural bulkheads and interior dividers are built of Decolite cored lightweight panels.
- The forepeak bulkhead creates a watertight separation between the forepeak and the interior of the vessel.
The interior is finished in a stunning gloss varnished combination of mahogany trim and Swiss pear wood panels. The cabin sole is gloss varnished teak with Swiss pear wood stripes and the overhead is white laminate bonded to Divinycell closes cell foam (for acoustic and thermal insulation) and held in place with removable mahogany battens.
The interior is well lit from a combination of fixed and opening portlights, overhead hatches, hull ports, the large raised saloon windows and thoughtfully placed overhead and bulkhead mounted lighting. All overhead hatches incorporate Oceanair retractable screens and shades with mahogany frame. Portlights have roll down Oceanair shades recessed into custom mahogany valences above portlights. The large raised saloon windows have custom Oceanair pleated shades housed in custom mahogany valences below windows
Natural ventilation is plentiful through the opening portlights and hatches as well as the dorades bringing fresh air into the boat even when the hatches are closed. If desired, the interior is easily heated or cooled with the air conditioning system.
The interior is designed with a three cabin, two head layout. Starting aft, a large master cabin with double berth and settee connects to a head with separate shower to port. Moving forward to starboard is a well laid out galley which leads to the main saloon. The main saloon features a large dinette to starboard with a settee opposite to port and a nav station aft of the port settee. Forward of the main saloon are two cabins. To starboard is a guest cabin with a lower double berth and a single bunk above. To port is a crew or second guest cabin with two single bunks. Forward of both cabins is a large shared head with shower. A watertight bulkhead separates the head from the forepeak.
The large, full width main raised saloon is the focal point of the interior, combining the U-shaped Dinette with a settee opposite and a functional nav station.
- Expansive raised saloon windows and two overhead hatched provide wonderful natural light and ventilation.
- Custom mahogany dining table seats four but unfolds and expands to seat up to 12.
- Flat screen TV stores in locker across from dinette
- Nav station is incorporated into aft end of settee, serving for both navigation and socializing
- Liquor storage locker next to nav station with hinged door that folds down to form cutting board
- Icemaker below liquor locker
- Custom shelves by companionway for binoculars, etc.
- Custom glass storage in locker just forward of galley
Overhead lights on dimmers with bulkhead reading lights by settees.
Far Out is equipped with both a 12-volt DC and a 240 / 120-volt AC electrical system. The 12-volt DC distribution system is fed from two battery banks; a designated Utility Battery Bank and a designated Electronics Battery Bank. Separate batteries are also provided for engine starting, generator starting and bowthruster operation. The 120-volt AC distribution system is fed from the diesel powered generator or a shore power cord, with a sub-panel fed from a 12 volt DC inverter.
- House bank of (3) 4D AGM batteries with total capacity of 630 amp hours (new 2016)
- Electronics bank of (2) 4D AGM batteries (new 2016)
- (3) Dedicated Optima 1050 batteries for engine starting, generator starting and bowthruster
- Dedicated Amptech 140 amp alternator with Heart interface 3- stage voltage regulator for House battery bank
- Dedicated 80 amp alternator with Heart interface 3-stage voltage regulator for Electronics battery bank
- Prosign 3.0 inverter/charger for House battery bank
- Dedicated Charles 40 amp charger for Electronics battery bank
- Heart Digital Echo Charger for engine start battery
- Generator alternator charges alternator start battery
- Battery combiner charges bowthruster battery when charging detected to House bank
- Emergency parallel switches
- Paneltronics custom AC/DC electrical panel with AC and DC voltmeters and ammeters and breakers. Panel frame is hinged to allow access to back of panel and fuses behind
- Link 20 Battery monitor for House and Electronics battery banks
- Glendining cablemaster 50amp, 75’ shore cord system
- Zinc Saver II galvanic isolator
- Bonding system with dynaplate and connections for future installation of SSB
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.