ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
McCurdy & Rhodes
HULL and DECK
- Topsides: Flag Blue Awlgrip
- Bootstripe: Double white and a blue
- Cove: Gold leaf
- Bottom: Blue
- House & Deck: Polar White gelcoat with Teak deck overlay
- Cockpit seats – Camel brown molded nonskid
- Exterior trim: Varnished teak
- Custom hull ports
- Teak covered decks.
This Sou’wester 42 hull is constructed from a SCRIMPed laminate. Vinylester laminating resin is reinforced with a knit hybrid fabric of Kevlar and E-glass. A core of Divinycell PVC foam is sandwiched between the outer and inner skins of the laminate effectively creating two FRP skins connected by the Divinycell. The foam is used to make the hull stiffer and stronger without adding significant amounts of weight. In such areas as the hull/deck connecting flange, centerline, keel, chainplates, rudder post, and all through-hull fittings the foam core is removed and the hull is reinforced with additional layers of fiberglass.
The deck is a handlaid laminate using a vinylester resin which is reinforced with the knit Kevlar/E-glass hybrid fabric. Divinycell H80 foam is the core material on all horizontal surfaces.
Where deck hardware such as winches, cleats, blocks, etc. are fastened to the deck, or where the deck is through-fastened and bonded to the hull flange along the sheer, the core has been eliminated and the area has been reinforced with additional layers of fiberglass.
- Keel: 9,000 lb. molded lead keel is secured to the hull with 1" stainless steel bolts.
- Centerboard: Molded solid Fiberglass
- Rudder: Skeg-hung rudder.
- Marelon ball-valve type seacocks are flush with the hull. Wooden plugs
- Guardrail: At sheer painted to match hull with solid stainless steel half oval
- All stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel bow pulpit with teak seat
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and port and stbd boarding gates
- Double-side opening hatches with bronze plexiglass covers
- Varnished teak companionway slide
- Custom Butterfly hatch – over main salon
- Forward partitioned anchor locker has direct drainage to the bilge; 2nd anchor rode deck pipe fitting
- Varnished teak, double dorade box with two dorade ventilators and small covered storage between
- Saltwater deck wash
- Stainless steel bow roller for CQR anchor
COCKPIT & HELM
The aft T-shaped teak-rimmed cockpit coaming is wider adjacent to the wheel for comfortable outboard seating for the helmsman. The water-sealed opening cockpit seats have molded nonskid. The cockpit has a teak sole.
The sail and equipment locker to port has a stainless steel line rack, and can be secured with a lock operated from the main cabin. Cockpit includes a propane locker with vent. There are four stainless steel trimmed winch pockets in the coaming.
Pedestal wheel steering – has a 38" stainless steel destroyer type wheel with an elkhide covered rim, SS guardrail, engine controls, watertight 12-volt outlet and a stainless steel housed 6” binnacle compass and binnacle guard. A complete range of engine instruments and switches are recessed in locations handy to the helmsman. Sailing instruments are above the companionway and in the forward bulkhead.
- Cockpit Dodger – White with hard forward window with zipper and stainless steel grab rail
- Cockpit Cushions
- Cockpit table – pedestal mounted, varnished teak fold-down cockpit table
- Drink holder – pedestal mounted
- Folding teak step for helmsman
- Manual bilge pump
- 12-VDC outlets – mounted at companionway
HELM & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
2013 Raymarine full electronics Upgrade: HD Radar dome, 2 new hybrid touch displays with Wi-Fi, satellite weather/radio antenna and AIS.
- Raymarine e165 15” Multi-function display with Wi-Fi – at Nav Station & Raymarine e7 9” multifunction display – at helm
- Raymarine HD Radar dome and external Raystar 130 GPS
- Raymarine SR6 Satellite Radio and weather receiver with Shakespeare SRA40 antenna – mounted at first spreader
- Raymarine AIS 650 with VHF splitter
- Raymarine Sea-Talk network
- Wave Wi-Fi Rogue Pro – with WAP antenna – mounted at first spreader
- Robertson AP300 Autopilot – interfaced to GPS
- Northstar GPS – backup
- VHF – ICOM M126
- Datamarine Offshore 3500 with 4 readouts – Under dodger and repeater at Nav Station
- Sony CDX-H910UI marine CD Receiver – with USB/IPOD/IPHONE connectivity.
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry with gloss highlights. She has a 42 MKII standard “Dinette Arrangement” that sleeps up to six in two cabins, with a total of three separate sleeping areas.
She is finished with louvered cherry locker fronts, white formica overhead with dome lights and the gloss varnished teak and holly sole throughout. All hanging lockers are cedar-lined.
- (2) Fixed hull ports
- Espar D3L diesel heater – with exhaust on deck
- (1) Double-opening overhead hatch + butterfly hatch overhead
- (3) Opening ports provide extra light and ventilation
- Fixed ports that provide illumination
- Two screened dorade vents with closures
- 12-volt lighting includes Frigast lights
- (3) Hella fans
- All berths have lee cloths
- Norbar fabric interior cushions and light blue curtains
- AM/FM stereo with CD – Nav Station with speakers in main cabin and forward stateroom
- Chelsea clock & barometer
Forward access to the partitioned rope/chain forepeak storage area is through a louvered cherry door.
- Forward is a custom straight-across large V-berth, with stowable V-insert added sleeping space.
- (3) Large storage drawers are under the berth.
- Sliding vented door lockers over berths outboard port and starboard
- Sliding door locker storage is fitted outboard above port and starboard
- There is a 3-drawer bureau to port and additional locker storage over
- Full-length cedar lined hanging locker is to starboard.
- (2) Opening ports
- Frigast 12-volt lights
- Full-length mirror on door
Next aft to port, the Head is finished in White formica with cherry locker doors and cherry trim and easily cleaned. There is a screened opening port and a screened dorade vent opening with shut off.
- Cherry with gloss highlights countertop with undermounted stainless steel sink
- Faucet with pull-out shower mixer, hot & cold pressure water
- Large two-shelf locker outboard with cherry varnished sliding doors.
- Manual marine head is plumbed to a holding tank
- Stainless steel handrail/towel bar
- 2013 – All waste system hoses replaced
Amidships, this full-width cabin has a U-shaped Dinette to port.
- Dining Table (2013) – Hinckley high-gloss varnished cherry table with two folding leafs – with removable tapered pedestal. Allows wide-open main salon when removed.
- Custom outboard dinette seat pulls inboard to form a double berth. There is storage behind this berth.
- Over outboard are two lockers with shelves and a bookcase between.
- A custom stainless steel pole along with cut-out cherry handholds provides extra safety handholds throughout the main cabin.
- Butterfly hatch
To Starboard: Forward is a full-length cedar-lined hanging locker. Aft of the hanging locker is a two-drawer cabinet with a locker above. Continuing aft there is a curved settee/transom berth with storage behind and two lockers and bookshelf over outboard. There is a shelf in the forward stbd locker.
- Two stereo speakers are on the forward face of port and stbd bookshelf.
- There is an 110V outlet and TV antenna outlet in stbd locker above bureau.
- (2) Hella 12V fans, stainless steel Ocean Frigast lights, overhead dome lights.
Next to port, the Galley is separated from the main salon by a 5/8’s bulkhead with a varnished cherry cut-out grab rail.
The U-shaped Galley:
- Forward: Champagne Corian countertop, stainless steel double sink, faucet with hot & cold pressure water, and manual freshwater hand pump.
- Outboard: Gimbaled 3-burner stainless steel Force 10 propane stove with oven & broiler in a stainless steel enclosure with solenoid shut-off, and trap storage forward. Custom Corian stovetop cover for added counter space, which stows below stove.
- Aft: Grunert DC-50 dual-powered refrigeration system (engine drive compressor and 110V AC compressor) with separate refrigeration/freezer box system entered through traps in the countertop allowing for plenty of counter workspace.
- Lockers, bin, shelves and drawer storage areas are available for foodstores and galleyware. There is a pull-out trash bin and there is a built-in dustpan in the cabin sole.
To port, opposite the galley and aft of the main salon settee is the forward-facing Nav area separated by a partial bulkhead from the main salon.
- Opening nav table for storage of charts, as well as storage drawers and in a cushioned nav seat.
- Custom cherry cabinet forward houses nav electronics.
- Electrical panel and gauges
- Red/white dome light
- Stereo & CD player with Bose speakers
- USB and 12 VDC outlets
The Quarterberth area is aft of the Nav Station with cherry sheathing lining the area outboard. A single berth has storage lockers over outboard. The hot water tank is located in a locker at the aft end of the berth. Area includes a 12-volt Hella fan, a stainless steel Ocean Frigast light, and an overhead dome light. There are four hooks for foul weather gear.
COCKPIT COMPANIONWAY: Aft and on center, with port and starboard handrails. Below the companionway threshold there is a custom cherry flip-down louvered locker door enclosing a substantial equipment alcove.
2013 – New LED bulbs installed throughout boat
12-Volt DC Electrical System:
- 2013 Lifeline GPL-4CT AGM sealed batteries – 440-amp/hr total
- A dual output 100 amp alternator is mounted on the main engine.
- Emergency starting
- 12-volt DC outlet in cockpit
- 12 volt DC outlets at companionway in cockpit
110-Volt AC System:
- 2013 Mastervolt 12/2500 Inverter/Charger with MICC control/battery monitor
- Inverter remote Link 2000
- 110-volt outlets (galley, nav, head, V-berth, salon).
All circuits are circuit breaker protected at the nav station panel that is equipped with both voltmeter and ammeter. Master switches are provided for starting and lighting circuits. All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are grounded with heavy copper strapping to the keel and the mast is lightning protected as well.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.