HULL & DECK: (Hull #37)
• White gelcoat topsides in very good condition, dark blue double boot top, blue bottom.
• Only SW 42 with Reverse transom – a more attractive, contemporary look.
• Laid and caulked teak cockpit sole.
• Contrasting non-skid fiberglass decks.
• S/S Dorade vents.
• Boarding ladder; swim ladder.
• S/S Edson wheel with suede wheel cover; varnished teak cockpit table and drink holder, with Sunbrella cover.
Fuel: 50 gallons in Monel tank.
Water: 135-140 gallons in S/S tank.
Holding tank: 20-25 gallons in poly tank with macerator and 2012 new hoses.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Single Westerbeke diesel, 46 hp, FWC, with exact hours unknown (inoperative hour meter reads 1432; present owner has added 600 hours since he purchased vessel in 2011).
• Hurth transmission 2:1 reduction gear.
• 3 bladed Max prop with line cutter.
• Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauge; remote oil filter.
• Fuel tank gauge.
• 2016 new starter motor installed.
• 2012 heat exchanger and glow plugs changed by Hinckley.
• When present owner had run engine for 500 hours he had Hinckley service do a complete overhaul of engine including oil samples with excellent results, performed in 2013.
Cruising speed: 6-7 knots; Max speed: 7.5 knots.
• 12V DC & 110V AC electrical systems with circuit breaker panels.
•2012 main engine battery, 100 amp; 2012 house batteries consist of eight 6V 120 amp.
• Two engine alternators: 150 amp alternator for house batteries, 50 amp alternator for engine battery.
• Override switch allows house batteries to start engine.
• Link 2000 Xantrex battery monitor.
• Two 50′ 110V/30 amp shore power cables, one 30 amp Hubbell deck connection.
• Sentry 40 amp charger/converter w/110 volt outlet in galley.
• 9 gallon S/S hot water tank.
ELUSIVE’S interior joiner work is crafted of satin finished American Cherry, with gloss-varnished teak and holly cabin soles, custom louver cabinet doors and a custom double vee berth in the owner’s stateroom.
The FORWARD OWNER’S STATEROOM has a double vee berth with drawers below, storage in a bureau, lockers, hanging locker, and a large reversible opening hatch. The HEAD is next aft to port, with Wilcox Crittenden head, shower, vanity, cabinet and opening port (head rebuilt 2013).
The MAIN SALON has a U-shaped dinette to port which can convert to a double berth, a pull-out transom berth and a pilot berth outboard to starboard. A large reversible hatch is overhead in the center of the main cabin.
The GALLEY is also “U” shaped just aft to port of the companionway with counter space, new Force 10 gimballed propane three burner stove with oven, two deep S/S sinks, with hand pump fresh water in addition to pressurized hot and cold water. There is a Grunert AR-50 refrigerator and adjacent freezer, and cabinet space above stove, refrigerator and trash bin.
The NAVIGATION STATION is outboard to starboard of companionway. There is a full seat, desk, drawer storage and all the navigation and radio equipment for the boat. The AC and DC electric panels are on the wall, outboard of the NAV station with clear plexiglass cover.
QUARTER BERTH is aft of the NAV station and has storage cabinets and drawers. The storage cabinet furthest aft houses the hot water heater. Access to the engine compartment is via the quarter berth panel, and under the companionway stairs or through a panel in the cockpit sail locker.
• Interior finished in American Cherry, satin finish.
• Teak & holly cabin soles, bright finish.
• Custom double berth in owners stateroom.
• Wilcox Crittenden toilet (rebuilt in 2013).
• Hot and cold pressure water with shower.
• U-shaped dinette that converts to a double berth.
• Two pilot berths outboard to starboard.
• U-shaped galley is aft to port and features Force 10 propane 3 burner stove and oven (2011), deep double S/S sinks, Grunert DC refrigeration & deep freeze.
• Quarter berth aft to starboard.
• Drapes on all port lights.
• Espar diesel cabin heater with vents in main cabin, head, and forward cabin.
• Raymarine 4 KW radar (renewed 2013).
• Raymarine AIS receiver.
• Raymarine E-120 chartplotter (NAV station) and G 150 monitor at helm (2010), units are integrated with Radar, AIS, and Life Tag system.
• ICOM 604 M710 at NAV station with Command Mic3 at helm (2010).
• Simrad AP22 autopilot controls at NAV station and helm; Robertson hydraulic drive unit, serviced 2016.
• ICOM M-710 SSB radio receiver and transmitter with insulated backstay, tuner.
• B&G Hydra 2000 instrumentation (needs calibration) -speed, log, wind function, depth (speed/depth and processor new 2013).
• B&G full function display at NAV station and over companionway.
• B&G analog wind speed and wind angle display over companionway (wind direction gauge (0-90) not working).
• Antennas for SSB; Galaxy antenna for weather and Sirius – never used.
• Ritchie compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
• 2007 Spectra full batten mainsail for Leisure Furl boom.
• 2012 150% dacron genoa, separate removable UV cover (toast).
• 2011 135% dacron genoa with UV cover.
• #3 dacron genoa.
• #4 dacron genoa.
• 2013 Storm jib with sleeve.
• Symmetric spinnaker.
• Asymmetric spinnaker with tube.
• Twin spreader Mast with baby-stay.
• Harken furling headstay.
• Leisure furl boom and boom vang, with leads to cockpit (2012 Atlantic Rigging in Palm Beach, FL rebuilt Leisure furl with new gears).
• Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster (rebuilt in 2011).
• Harken mainsheet traveler system (rebuilt in 2012).
• Complete spinnaker gear: pole, blocks, mast tracks (symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers).
• Forespar hard bottom vang, 2007.
• 2 Barient #32 S.T. three speed primary winches.
• 2 Harken #60 S.T. electric primary winches, push button controls.
• Harken #44 two speed electric winch with spinlock leads for mainsail halyard, Leisure Furl boom furler, and mainsail sheet on cabin top to port of companionway.
• Barient #25-44 snubbing winch adjacent to Harken #44 on port cabin top.
• Barient #24 S.T. with spinlock leads for centerboard pennant and boom vang on cabin top to starboard of companionway.
• 5 Barient #24 S.T. halyard winches, deck-mounted by mast.
• 45 lb CQR anchor with 200 feet 3/8” chain on bow roller.
• Saltwater anchor wash down.
• S/S dorade vents, S/S cover plates.
• Teak folding cockpit table.
• Hot and cold fresh water cockpit shower.
• Life sling.
• MOM; EPIRB.
• Lewmar vertical Gypsy V3 windlass, dual action.
• Dorade box covers.
• 2011 toast colored Sunbrella dodger and bimini with connector and window in bimini top.
• 2011 sunscreens mounted off bimini to block sun.
• 2011 Sunbrella grab rail and hatch board covers.
• Teak screens for companionway (stored overhead in vee berth).
• Docklines; fenders with fleece covers.
• Two aluminum 20 lb LPG tanks.
• Spare Danforth hi-tensile 20 lb anchor with 15′ chain & 200′ 5/8” nylon anchor rode.
• Bosun’s chair.
• Long and short S/S and teak boarding ladders.
• Aluminum radar reflector.
• Boat hooks; jacklines.
• Winter storage boat cover.
• AM/FM/CD stereo with 2 speakers in cockpit and salon.
• White cockpit cushions.
• Emergency tiller.
• Manual Edson bilge pump; 1 electric bilge pump.
• Outboard motor mount; dinghy motor hoist adjacent to motor mount.
OWNER’S COMMENTS: ELUSIVE has a custom reverse transom making her overall appearance more elegant than standard SW 42’s. She has been well cared for and has had several years of indoor storage in the 90’s and covered outdoor storage over the past four years. She is also capable of coastal and offshore passages having made trips to Bermuda, the Bahamas and across the Gulf of Mexico.
In 2007, the rig, deck and sail plan were updated for performance and short-handed sailing which included the conversion to a Leisure Furl boom and electric winches which are within easy reach of the helm. Her battery bank was increased and the high amp alternator was added. The electronics have been subsequently updated in 2010 to the current equipment allowing chart-plotter access at the NAV station and the helm.
The Westerbeke engine was serviced by the Hinckley Oxford yard in 2013. The valves and compression were tested and glow-plugs and the heat exchanger were all replaced. Compression tests were well above minimum specifications as recommended by Westerbeke.
At present, ELUSIVE is the most updated Hinckley Sou’wester 42 available on the brokerage market. She is fast and easily handled being capable of either day/weekend sailing or off-shore cruising.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.