“DARK SIDE” (Name reserved) is a meticulously maintained Picnic Boat EP in absolutely beautiful condition. Varnish, hull paint, upholstery are all like new. Mechanically and cosmetically DARK SIDE is “turn-key”. A rare fresh water Hinckley Picnic Boat EP available immediately.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
Engine Model: 6LY2A-STP diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Hours: 922
Drive Type: Jet
Engine Power: 440|horsepower
DARK SIDE is a Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) that sleeps two comfortably forward and includes head with shower, and galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward-facing Stidd seats are in the Pilothouse. The Cockpit has an aft-facing engine box molded seat and a forward-facing aft settee.
Some introductory boat features include:
- Varnished teak Pilothouse, instrument pod, dash, and teak coamings and coaming caps.
- Integrated wet bar in engine box.
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers
- (5) Hella fans – Two in main cabin, 1 in head and two in pilothouse
- Accupoint heater with outlets in pilothouse, main cabin and head.
* "Dark Side" name reserved.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides (new in 2011)
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck
- Red Bottom
Construction of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail.
- Custom chafe strip mounted across the transom
Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform:
- Teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half-round.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Custom vertically mounted transom handrail to starboard, painted to match the hull color.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and windlass package.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast – with spotlight and radome.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with removable screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats – mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid-ship cleats.
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- Teak interior cockpit coaming.
- Courtesy lights, on dimmer – under side decks port and starboard.
- Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- Cockpit lockers – with varnished louvered teak doors.
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve- located at the stern seat.
- Raw Water Wash down spigot in cockpit
Entry to the cockpit:
- Stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads – mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Teak boarding step – for port or starboard side deck.
Forward cockpit seating is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat.
- The Wet Bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover.
- The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the forward seat. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
- Cockpit cover – Full Ivory-color cockpit cover, attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming.
- Weather covers- Ivory-color weather covers for aft settee and engine box cushions.
This Pilothouse (Extended style) features:
- Teak finished upper pilothouse sides and dash.
- (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) Sliding side windows tinted gray and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid.
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Storage locker under pilothouse settee.
- (2) Hella fans – mounted port and starboard.
- Cup holders
The Pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door as well as:
- (2) Varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
The Aft Pilothouse has an extended pilothouse roof that shades additional seating. An L-shaped settee with varnished teak shelf rim to port faces inboard and forward. There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
- Table – Triangular varnished teak table, on a removable pedestal, hinges open to make a larger square.
- One cup holder – aft
Ivory Ultraleather Stidd 500N Admiral Slimline helm and passenger seats are on powder-coated pedestals. The Helm seat can electrically adjust height, as well as forward and aft. The port helm seat adjusts manually. They can swivel to face aft. Stainless steel footrest is mounted on helm bulkhead.
Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A louvered door locker is outboard of the navigator seat pedestal.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod.
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim.
- Hinckley JetStick® – throttle/steering system, integrated with bow thruster.
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt cigarette-style outlet in chart pocket
- Three cup holders
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raytheon Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot with GyroPlus2 sensor, interfaced to GPS
- Raytheon Raymarine C120 12” color Radar/GPS Chartplotter display with 2-Kw Radome
- Raymarine Raystar 120 WAAS GPS antenna
- Icom M602 VHF Radio with hailer and DSC
- Lenco trim tabs
- Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature and speed indicator
- Ritchie compass – helm mounted
- Custom laptop connection to GPS
- Alpine CDA-117 CD, AM/FM tuner, USB, Ipod/Iphone connection.
- (2) Alpine MB Quart DKE-116 black speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead
- (2) Alpine speakers with fader control in cockpit.
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover.
- There is an opening overhead hatch and there are four opening ports below.
- All opening ports and hatches have removable screens.
From the Pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
- Abalone Corian countertop.
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board.
- Microwave 600-watt 110-volt oven.
- 110-volt outlet.
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle.
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers.
- Red step-light in galley.
- LP gas sniffer.
- Propane shut-off valve.
- Opening port with screen.
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the counter top forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a counter lift-up top.
A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door.
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- A double berth is formed with an insert and matching cushion.
- Storage locker under a V-berth has a shelf and easy-access cherry drop-front doors.
- Varnished cherry shelves over port and starboard V-berth.
- Hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard.
- There is a 12-volt outlet in the forward face of the port settee locker.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft.
- Overhead opening hatch.
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system with zinc saver:
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps.
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting.
- Electrical 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and a shore power cord with power indicator light.
- Heart Interface Freedom 10 Inverter/Battery Charger with remote monitor panel.
DC distribution panel, volt and amp meters and an A/C sub-distribution panel.
2005 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP six-cylinder 440-hp diesel engine:
- Hamilton 292 Jet Drive
- ZF IRM220PL reduction transmission
- Vetus 7” 12-volt reversible bow thruster.
- Hinckley custom “JetStick®” Gen-2 control system – integrated with the bow thruster.
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator.
- Tachometer – with engine hours gauge.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature.
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator.
- Custom wet-exhaust muffler system.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches.
- Whale emergency bilge pump – mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- 27-gallon aluminum holding tank – with overboard discharge.
- 35-gallon stainless steel water tank – with flush mount vent.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- (2) 80-gallon heavy-gauge aluminum fuel tanks – total 160-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation.
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced air exhaust fan.
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern-mounted 4-ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- Boat hook – mounted under side deck.
- Brass 6” Bell
- Dock lines
- Fenders with cover – and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line.
- Deck shower/water outlet, with hot & cold mixing valve.
- Life jackets.
- Handheld flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights.
- ACR spotlight – Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control.
- Life Raft – 4-person Winslow Rescue Life Raft II
Ground Tackle Equipment:
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 15” stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Brad Holbrook Cell: 404-406-9518 or email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Jennifer Richards Cell: 443-852-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: John Fordon Cell: 239-438-0131 or email@example.com Office: 239-300-4995
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378
- WEST COAST
- Broker: Miquel Corelli CPYB Cell: 949-500-2776 or email@example.com Fax: 949-209-1809